Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Michael dead

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When a celebrity dies that I didn't care for I manage to keep quiet out of respect for other NSC members for whom they meant something...it really isn't difficult to do.

This. What a shame there are so many morons on NSC. Some of the comments on here are shameful and embarrassing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Met him and Andrew before they were famous. As a DJ I was playing Wham Rap (their first single) to death and they happened to pop in to my venue in Brighton in '82. The record was a flop and that could easily have been the end of their journey. Second single, Young Guns, was a smash and was followed up by Wham Rap.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Very sad - up side though; the wake is at Club Tropicana, drinks are free..... (attempt at lightening the mood).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RIP. Was he not very ill a couple of years ago but made a recovery? Sad news but not a total shock to me.

We were only discussing on Christmas Eve whether he make a comeback tour. Spooky.

Fingers crossed that 2017 is not such a reaper of music heros :down:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me George Michael was the best singer/songwriter of my generation. Some may disagree. But no-one will doubt his elevated status.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Very rarely does the death of a celebrity bother me but this one has. I guess being a teen in the 80s and growing up with his music and enjoying it as it evolved over the years without ever considering myself a George Michael fan and various tracks resonating with certain key moments in my life have me feeling quite sad at his passing. Saw him at the newly re-opened Wembley and it was a cracking show. Only 5 years older than me and that strikes a chord too. RIP George and thanks for the music and memories.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Back in the early mid Eighties i got a (my first) single tape deck player for Christmas or a Birthday and one of the very first things i listened to was Club Tropicana,i may have been about 12 at the time,i never evolved into a Wham fan as it was not really my thing,however the track was among my first recollected musical experiences of my own as the tape deck was mine..

George obviously has a place in many hearts so to speak and music has that eternal power of capturing a moment in time,it all really goes to show just how short a time we all may have here and he died at no age really,no age at all..

Thanks for the memories,your music has at least given me a memory for ever of that period of my childhood.

RIP George.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For me George Michael was the best singer/songwriter of my generation. Some may disagree. But no-one will doubt his elevated status.

Yep, I agree and say without sentiment too. Listen without prejudice was/is one of the finest albums ever written in my opinion whilst many of his other songs are peerless. A true great, possibly the only artist of his generation who you could put in the same breath as Wacko, Prince and Madonna for sheer global stardom. Is tragic to hear he's died so young, the misery that is 2016 continues right up until midnight on the 31st probably. I reckon the odds of Putin and Kim Jong launching a nuclear warhead this week must be very very short right now!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very rarely does the death of a celebrity bother me but this one has. I guess being a teen in the 80s and growing up with his music and enjoying it as it evolved over the years without ever considering myself a George Michael fan and various tracks resonating with certain key moments in my life have me feeling quite sad at his passing. Saw him at the newly re-opened Wembley and it was a cracking show. Only 5 years older than me and that strikes a chord too. RIP George and thanks for the music and memories.

Same age as me, really gives you food for thought

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
RIP. Was he not very ill a couple of years ago but made a recovery? Sad news but not a total shock to me.

We were only discussing on Christmas Eve whether he make a comeback tour. Spooky.

Fingers crossed that 2017 is not such a reaper of music heros :down:

There can't be many left, 2016 has taken them all. As I, ahem, approach middle age, most of my music heroes are either dead or in their autumn years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Same age as me, really gives you food for thought

Scares the hell out of me and i am 10 years younger,but reality it is best not thought about i suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here