Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Michael dead

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've personally never been a fan of his music although I can appreciate he was a talented songwriter. On what little I knew of him as a person my opinion changed over the years. During his Wham years I thought he was a bit of a tit. This opinion was based solely on the fact that his music was far removed from my own tastes of the time and also perhaps my envy that he was probably shagging loads more women than me, which as it transpired was not necessarily the case. When I subsequently saw him in interview which was shortly after he got caught, or rather entrapped for propositioning an undercover policeman in a public lavatory I really admired the self deprecating and honest way he handled the situation especially as he was not completely "out" at the time, so it could and probably was a very difficult time for him. His stroke of genius, I thought, in response to his situation was when he re-enacted a scene in a public lavatory with a US cop in his next video. I admired him for that very pointed response.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His words not mine. "I enjoy being famous but wish I'd been born with the suit of armour that others have so that I could handle the other stuff'". I guess it doesn't really matter either way. As somebody else posted, it's clear he had his demons and although he has died ridiculously young, he squeezed much into those years and has left a musical legacy for the world to enjoy.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of these words.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It's occured to me that three people who performed at Live Aid have died this year, and all around Christmas time. Bowie, Rick Parfitt and now George Michael

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very sad about this. George was a major part of the soundtrack of my 20s and 30s. He wrote some incredible songs. What is also sad is how many tssers there are in the World nowadays, who feel the need to cover themselves in glory by not being able to shut up for one day and post vile comments. One of the reasons I rarely post anymore. Happy New Year

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Last Christmas I gave you my heart

But the very next day you gave it away, this year to save me from tears I'll give it to Anthony Knockaert

RIP george

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Whatever people think of him, he was an incredible talent, like many of the others we've lost this year. What a shame. RIP

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing the OP is still on the sauce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here