Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Michael dead

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Love George, takes up a big chunk of my ipod. Really sad, & 53, 2 years younger than me. RIP

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
R.I.P. George Michael such a huge talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Awful news. Terrible start to the day.

Great singer and songwriter, feeling terribly sad....

RIP George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Seems like I'm the only one, but I actually couldn't give a toss.

Of course you're not the only one who couldn't give a toss, and no one expects you to. You're just the only one who feels the need to announce that fact on this forum. The others at least have the sensibility not to.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So about eight years ago, me and a few of the staff of a certain live music venue in Tunbridge Wells, were standing there having a chat (it was mid-morning so we were probably meant to be clearing up or something), when in walked this dodgy looking bloke with a professional looking camera. "Erh, I'm from The Sun", he says, "the news desk got a call, George Michael has been seen asleep somewhere on the common, have you seen him?".

Alas, we hadn't. Though we did start singing to him: "w*nk me off, before you go go". His reply "I think we've already used that headline".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Always seemed to have a running battle with his demons , but an incredible talent and from what I understand a genuinely kind and modest man.

RIP George

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Genuinely personally saddened by this one. A very talented man with many personal demons. I often 'joked' that one of the people I would aspire to be was GM, great singer, songwriter, lyricist and a very good looking man who could have had the world at his feet. I just wish that he had truly enjoyed his life more than he appeared to, RIP George.

Agree with this. A genuinely good man who wanted fame but never really learned how to cope with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree with this. A genuinely good man who wanted fame but never really learned how to cope with it.

is this the case? Sure he had a few flaws but they never struck me as being due to his inability to handle fame. If anything he seemed to enjoy his success and fame.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Heard this late last night. 53. Mrs shoes absolutely loved his music. She was in bits last night. RIP George Michael.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
is this the case? Sure he had a few flaws but they never struck me as being due to his inability to handle fame. If anything he seemed to enjoy his success and fame.

His words not mine. "I enjoy being famous but wish I'd been born with the suit of armour that others have so that I could handle the other stuff'". I guess it doesn't really matter either way. As somebody else posted, it's clear he had his demons and although he has died ridiculously young, he squeezed much into those years and has left a musical legacy for the world to enjoy.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think out of all the deaths this year this is the least shocking, its a surprise he made 53.

Still another Event 2 legend gone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here