Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive street by region

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bentley Road is very nice too. Cambridge has changed a lot in the last 20 years, but I do still like it.

My dear old mum still lives there, and my sister too. I don't go as often as I should, and when I do I barely recognise the place. I moved away in the 80s...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My dear old mum still lives there, and my sister too. I don't go as often as I should, and when I do I barely recognise the place. I moved away in the 80s...

Yep - far more tech businesses, way more tourists, lots more traffic, and blocks of flats going up within walking distance of the station like topsy.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's not just in London. We have family friends who rebuilt their house in Cobham and put it on the market for £2.9m. One day, a Russian bloke with his wife rocked up at the front door, briefly looked around (ten mins) and offered to buy it there and then. IN CASH.

Friends called the police, who said these people weren't on any radar, then the bank who brought round an armoured car and various officials to have the transaction done there and then. :ohmy:

Anyway, those Russians didn't move in and now the house is just sitting there - no agent looking after it, the landscaped garden overgrowing with weeds. It's not a good situation at all.

Wow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think the spiraling costs have more to do with successive governments not building enough new homes and allowing the population to grow to much due to uncontrolled immigration. The spiraling costs are down to supply and demand.

let's not forget the north and scots have had their industry taken away,they have 1000s of empty houses up north.....and a whole lot less employment

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cah! How is Poole in the "South-West"? It's nearer to Dover than to Penzance!

That particular street listed in "Poole" isn't Poole as most of us would know it. It's on Sandbanks, home to honest tax-paying sorts like Harry & Sandra Redknapp, not forgetting Rosie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here