Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arabic comedian thrown off flight

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So if (when) he fails to fulfill his promises and make things better for those that voted for him, will you still manage to blame the liberals?

He's already shown he's willing to do things Obama was too woeful a President to do.

He's saved 2100 jobs with Carrier that Obama wrote off even though he had the power too try and save them.

So he's already making good on his promise and he's not even in the job yet.

Obama had 8 years to improve things for blacks and look at the state of the nation he's leaving the country in.

I can provide many videos of blacks from all walks of life saying Obama did nothing for them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He's already shown he's willing to do things Obama was too woeful a President to do.

He's saved 2100 jobs with Carrier that Obama wrote off even though he had the power too try and save them.

So he's already making good on his promise and he's not even in the job yet.

Obama had 8 years to improve things for blacks and look at the state of the nation he's leaving the country in.

I can provide many videos of blacks from all walks of life saying Obama did nothing for them.

Do you ever answer a question?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So just saw this on Twitter, but a US-Arabic comedian was thrown off a Delta flight due to 'more than 20 passengers feeling uncomfortable' that he was speaking to his friend in Arabic.

http://twitter.com/omgAdamSaleh/status/811531782982078464

Slightly worrying that a minority of individuals on a flight can have someone thrown off for being uncomfortable.

Thoughts?
One bloke speaking in Arabic on his phone - saying God knows what to his friend (could have been harmless chat, or could have been, 'Farewell Bruv, I'm just going to blow me and these infidels on my flight to Kingdom come') - and twenty people felt uncomfortable about that. I'd say 20 to 1 was a majority, wouldn't you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I did answer your question. I provided you an example of how he's already fulfilling his promise of making things better.

So your assertion of "when" he fails to fulfil his promises is already off to a bad start.

the question was 'if' I added the (when) because I don't think he will. You are obviously not entertaining the possibility of him failing those that voted for him. Of course with this fixed mindset you will undoubtably see his presidency as a success whatever happens. Much like you appear to see Obamas as 'woeful'.

How you can present yourself as a free thinker when your views are so obviously clouded by your hatred of 'liberals' is beyond me.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
the question was 'if' I added the (when) because I don't think he will. You are obviously not entertaining the possibility of him failing those that voted for him. Of course with this fixed mindset you will undoubtably see his presidency as a success whatever happens. Much like you appear to see Obamas as 'woeful'.

How you can present yourself as a free thinker when your views are so obviously clouded by your hatred of 'liberals' is beyond me.

I'm not passing any judgement on him until he's had 4 years of running the country. Your folly is thinking if I was American I would have voted for Trump, when I've stated I wouldn't.

We had 8 years of Obama and nothing has improved for blacks. We can make that judgement of Obama because we've seen what he did. We don't know what Trump will do in his Presidency. Once we have, then we can pass judgement.

So why would I entertain something that's not happened? That's just going down the scaremongering road the left AND right love to push.

If Louis Farrakhan can agree with Trump's position on Muslims at this time in US history there must be something to it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not passing any judgement on him until he's had 4 years of running the country. Your folly is thinking if I was American I would have voted for Trump, when I've stated I wouldn't.

We had 8 years of Obama and nothing has improved for blacks. We can make that judgement of Obama because we've seen what he did. We don't know what Trump will do in his Presidency. Once we have, then we can pass judgement.

So why would I entertain something that's not happened? That's just going down the scaremongering road the left AND right love to push.

If Louis Farrakhan can agree with Trump's position on Muslims at this time in US history there must be something to it.

i can honestly say that the question of which way you would vote if you were American has never crossed my mind.

You seem to have chosen to measure Obama's presidency by how things have improved for blacks? Why did you choose this particular measure?

The question is what measure are you going to use to judge Trumps presidency and are you going to pick it before he starts or just choose one at the end that substantiates your bias?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You seem to have chosen to measure Obama's presidency by how things have improved for blacks? Why did you choose this particular measure?

I choose to rate him on many things. That one stands out as one of the biggest failures of his Presidency given with his election that was the one thing that people saw as his potential for legacy. Yet he leaves with America far worse off for race relations than when he took over.

The question is what measure are you going to use to judge Trumps presidency and are you going to pick it before he starts or just choose one at the end that substantiates your bias?

I'll watch with great interest whether dooms dayers views of what was going to happen with his election actually happens. I'll judge him on what he does in regards to employment and national security. Those two issues were the major thrust of his election campaign.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I choose to rate him on many things. That one stands out as one of the biggest failures of his Presidency given with his election that was the one thing that people saw as his potential for legacy. Yet he leaves with America far worse off for race relations than when he took over.

I'll watch with great interest whether dooms dayers views of what was going to happen with his election actually happens. I'll judge him on what he does in regards to employment and national security. Those tow issues were the major thrust of his election campaign.

So you concede that there is a possibility that he may fail in his presidency. So back to the original question.

If (when) he fails to fulfill his promises and make things better for those that voted for him, will you still manage to blame the liberals?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So youconcede that there is a possibility that he may fail in his presidency.

I don't concede anything, because I can't believe that's a position someone would consider worthy of bringing up.

Who in their right mind thinks anyone elected to any position is instantly going to be a success. This is the very reason someone would favour holding a Libertarian position. The fact every Government elected fails on many levels should confirm it's a given, not a possibility.

So back to the original question.

I won't blame the Liberals. Just as it wasn't Conservatives fault Obama failed.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was held by CBP in Minneapolis while in transit from Heathrow to Seattle for work. I was in line behind a couple with a small child in a pushchair, or "stroller" as the septics call them. I thought it was odd having to endure security scanning after disembarking a transatlantic flight where we had been subject to extra checks prior to boarding in London, but, it's America, so you have to go through it I thought. Then this pleb from TSA points to the toddler, who I believe was about 18 months old, and says, "You're going to have to take those shoes off". The parents are a bit gob smacked, and I can't keep my gob shut. "Mate, if he was a shoe bomber, I think he'd have detonated mid flight, not here". At this point the TSA guy speaks into his special agent badge, "We got a problem!"
Long story short, I miss my connection while a full check was done on me as I was held in immigration. I was warned as to my future conduct when entering the U.S.
Moral of the story, NEVER try joking with American officials, especially at airports. If someone is wearing a badge, they generally have a very low IQ, but can really mess up your day.

Earlier story in the thread and yours reminded me of one of those docu-soaps from years back, Airport, or whatever. An American passenger flying to Chicago with a violin case made a silly joke about mobsters and having a machine gun in it. He didn't get on that flight. That was pre 2001 too.

Never joke with customs/immigration.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Makes you wonder why he didn't say the highlighted instead of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKtcdn0zAqw

His wording was designed to get a reaction and that rhetoric is what Half Time Pies was refering to.

Exactly, and then goes on to say 'I have loads of Muslim friends and associates and they are happy that I said this as they all realise that 'they' have a problem'. So all muslims are 'they' and 'they' 'all' have a problem so they solution is to ban 'them' all from the US until 'we' can sort something out.

This is the politics of division and sweeping statements, conveniently putting groups of people in a box, treating them as all the same and creating the 'us' and 'them'.

In the US there are terrorist atrocities carried in the name of right-wing extremism, anti-abortion, black radicalism, anti-semitism, left wing extremism, white supremacy....extremism and terrorism is the problem not being a Muslim. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

In fact more Americans were shot and killed by toddlers in 2015 than were killed by Islamic terrorists! Yet it suits the republican agenda if the US citizen is more scared of muslims coming in to the country than they are of the people walking around their streets in possession of high powered firearms.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Course I am :lolol: what a pitifully weak answer, I've finally got YOU to bite and prove what a cowardly liar you are who has avoided answering me on several contentious issues where you knew I'd proved you wrong I was NEVER on ignore :tosser:

If the mods can audit trail you will be proved to be talking out your arse, hence why I have you on ignore. Don't worry precious, you're not alone.
You're killing me with that emoji by the way.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I see your point, but at the same time I'd rather they were OTT with stopping people these days and we all know why they unfortunately have to be like this.

Yes, once is OK but 3 times became humiliating and there was no explanation for why they were singling her out. My wife has an arabic first name and a uncommon english second name (mine) so it can't have been a case of mistaken identity and as we were travelling together its seems strange that only my wife was searched and questioned and not me. The only difference between us being our ethnic origin.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Surely you didn't swallow that biased and misquoted sound bite that libtards keep trotting out?

He actually said there needs to be a halt of immigration from places where Islamic extremism is an issue until such time that the Government have had an opportunity to review their vetting procedures and determine what needs to be done to ensure only the decent Muslims get in and not the trash with it.

That sounds like a very sensible and balanced approach to protecting its citizens from potential harm.

I thought you were a libertarian, and yet here you advocating a heavy-handed government policy

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes, once is OK but 3 times became humiliating and there was no explanation for why they were singling her out. My wife has an arabic first name and a uncommon english second name (mine) so it can't have been a case of mistaken identity and as we were travelling together its seems strange that only my wife was searched and questioned and not me. The only difference between us being our ethnic origin.

I think it is just American border control be it land and airport crossings they all have a surly attitude at best, with absolutely no sense of humour and if you try and be clever you will pay and they will delay you as long as possible. I have been to America over 30 times and learnt very quickly not to back chat, or be sarcastic even when they ask the most stupid questions or provoke you with their stupidity. The very first time I was held up at Detroit because I made the mistake of wearing a short sleeve t-shirt showing my tattoos and the first question I got asked as I excitedly walked up to the counter and handed my passport over was "So what prison have you been in and how long"...... what the feck !! I gave a smarmy reply which I can't remember while the wife was shaking her head and gesturing a finger slice across her neck..... She was right three hours checking my history (Nothing) never again even when provoked. I think the trouble is that America is still inherently racist and that racism extends to all nationalities any ethnicity and Trumps win kinda proves that.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I thought you were a libertarian, and yet here you advocating a heavy-handed government policy

I am. It is all about protecting ones own borders from potential threats. That is the central to a libertarians views.

It's a policy designed to protect the citizens of that nation from outside threats. That's what a Governments role is in a small Government model.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Exactly, and then goes on to say 'I have loads of Muslim friends and associates and they are happy that I said this as they all realise that 'they' have a problem'. So all muslims are 'they' and 'they' 'all' have a problem so they solution is to ban 'them' all from the US until 'we' can sort something out.

The leader of the Nation of Islam agrees with Trump.

That's quite telling.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here