Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arabic comedian thrown off flight

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Really, how could anyone even begin to think it was ever likely from the very beginning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really, how could anyone even begin to think it was ever likely from the very beginning.

Indeed. There is no way anything as ridiculous could ACTUALLY happen, is there?

I flew in America not long after that shoe bomber stuff. The captain really had to talk the plane around after a guy dressed in milatry fatigues that may or may not have been Arabic had made that lot 'feel unconfortable' too. He had to leave the flight.

Weird it was.

Oh.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How did the complainants know that the language the guy was speaking was Arabic? Seems unlikely that there were 30 odd Arabic speakers on that one flight

The 'Allahu Akhbar' tends to give it away-presume you have not watched the video?Anyway,this wouldn't have happened with a Democrat President in charge-oh,wait,it's not January yet.:lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Indeed. There is no way anything as ridiculous could ACTUALLY happen, is there?

It might have melted your heart but was never ever likely, you just wished though so you can howl at the stoopid and bigoted americans, guess you're out of luck this time .....

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It might have melted your heart but was never ever likely, you just wished though so you can howl at the stoopid and bigoted americans, guess you're out of luck this time .....
Has it been proven a hoax ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A white male British fifty something person I know was frogmarched off a plane for 'unpatriotic' comments in the US in about 2005 when another passenger was rude to him and being British he replied sarcastically 'ow, welcome to America'. That is all! No swearing, no arguing back. Just a throw away line. He was reported by the rude passenger as a potential threat to the safety of the aircraft. They were obviously and deliberately out to cause him trouble, pure spite to do that but seems you can just make stuff up! It is indeed weird that you can accuse someone of something on an aircraft and your word is believed without question. Absolute bonkers! It would seem A top travel tip when boarding is to tell the steward everyone in 1st class is a suspected terrorist. Then ask for a seat up there once they've been removed.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was held by CBP in Minneapolis while in transit from Heathrow to Seattle for work. I was in line behind a couple with a small child in a pushchair, or "stroller" as the septics call them. I thought it was odd having to endure security scanning after disembarking a transatlantic flight where we had been subject to extra checks prior to boarding in London, but, it's America, so you have to go through it I thought. Then this pleb from TSA points to the toddler, who I believe was about 18 months old, and says, "You're going to have to take those shoes off". The parents are a bit gob smacked, and I can't keep my gob shut. "Mate, if he was a shoe bomber, I think he'd have detonated mid flight, not here". At this point the TSA guy speaks into his special agent badge, "We got a problem!"
Long story short, I miss my connection while a full check was done on me as I was held in immigration. I was warned as to my future conduct when entering the U.S.
Moral of the story, NEVER try joking with American officials, especially at airports. If someone is wearing a badge, they generally have a very low IQ, but can really mess up your day.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was held by CBP in Minneapolis while in transit from Heathrow to Seattle for work. I was in line behind a couple with a small child in a pushchair, or "stroller" as the septics call them. I thought it was odd having to endure security scanning after disembarking a transatlantic flight where we had been subject to extra checks prior to boarding in London, but, it's America, so you have to go through it I thought. Then this pleb from TSA points to the toddler, who I believe was about 18 months old, and says, "You're going to have to take those shoes off". The parents are a bit gob smacked, and I can't keep my gob shut. "Mate, if he was a shoe bomber, I think he'd have detonated mid flight, not here". At this point the TSA guy speaks into his special agent badge, "We got a problem!"
Long story short, I miss my connection while a full check was done on me as I was held in immigration. I was warned as to my future conduct when entering the U.S.
Moral of the story, NEVER try joking with American officials, especially at airports. If someone is wearing a badge, they generally have a very low IQ, but can really mess up your day.

Don't I know it been there done that, held up for hours learnt my lesson you gotta suck it up and pass it on to some retard yank further down the line.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Yup. I used to teach in Moscow for a few years, so had a large number of Russian visa stamps in my passport. I then went to San Fran as doing a guest lecture there, and the TSA official was not happy about my Russian visa stamps. He started talking to me in Russian to see my reaction, and I just shrugged and looked confused.

He then asked me in English did I speak Russian, to which I replied 'Only three words, 'Yes', 'No' and 'Blowjob'', which I appreciate was facetious (if also true). Was then frogmarched off into a holding area for an hour before his boss gave me a major league bollocking for 'being an English asshole' and told that if he wanted, he could have sent me back to the UK.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yup. I used to teach in Moscow for a few years, so had a large number of Russian visa stamps in my passport. I then went to San Fran as doing a guest lecture there, and the TSA official was not happy about my Russian visa stamps. He started talking to me in Russian to see my reaction, and I just shrugged and looked confused.

He then asked me in English did I speak Russian, to which I replied 'Only three words, 'Yes', 'No' and 'Blowjob'', which I appreciate was facetious (if also true). Was then frogmarched off into a holding area for an hour before his boss gave me a major league bollocking for 'being an English asshole' and told that if he wanted, he could have sent me back to the UK.

Did he also say "Have a nice day"

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

This happened at Heathrow though :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Slightly worrying that a minority of individuals on a flight can have someone thrown off for being uncomfortable.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are this culture was created by the US Liberals.

You should see the lengths they go to these days in the US to ban or deal with anything that makes the minority feel uncomfortable or triggered.

Only now are others starting to use their methods.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
This guy is clearly a professional **** but the US are ridiculously over the top with aircraft security. My Wife who's father was Muslim was stopped, searched and questioned 3 times checking in, going through customs and then again queuing for a plane to New York at Heathrow. The final time we complained to the staff who apologised and said that she was on a list of passengers provided to them by the US government and that there was nothing that they could do about it, they had to check her. Wasn't a great start to our holiday in the US.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
This is exactly the result that the Islamic terrorists are trying to achieve. Commit atrocities with the aim of turning the indigenous populations against the innocent Muslims in their community, which will, inevitably, contribute to the radicalisation of the young people on the receiving end of the backlash. Their ultimate aim is to create divisions in western countries that cannot be healed and will ultimately result in some kind of holy war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here