Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Akpom, yes please!

We may have a strong squad BUT we need to think more in terms of suspensions and injuries.

If I were CH I'd boot the FA Cup into touch and sign a CAM / ST as cover and a L/RB, maybe a defensive midfielder too if we can free up some wages with sales / loans of bit parts.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Could be worse as they could go to AFCB and bid for Murray.which would derail us more effectively than them signing Hogan.

They aren't going to derail us by signing Hogan, it could possibly (operative word) increase their chances of pushing for an automatic.

I don't think they'll get him anyway, villa will blow them out the water on wages, plus i'm not sure he's even worth 9M. Very injury prone. I'd rather gamble on Judge but both are unrealistic as I don't think we'll ever sign a decent player from Brentford.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could be worse as they could go to AFCB and bid for Murray.which would derail us more effectively than them signing Hogan.
Can't happen. I can't remember which, but either Paul Barber or Tony is on record as saying Glenn Murray cannot be recalled by Bournemouth ( to sell or play ).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Can't happen. I can't remember which, but either Paul Barber or Tony is on record as saying Glenn Murray cannot be recalled by Bournemouth ( to sell or play ).

This. If it were at all possible we'd be hearing rumblings of it already as rivals for promotion would be trying to get him, if only just to take him away from us.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Reading.

[tweet]811561648976760832[/tweet]

According to the Beeb:

West Brom are set to sign Aston Villa's 28-year-old Benin striker Rudy Gestede for £7m in January, with Villa lining up Brentford forward Scott Hogan, 24, as a replacement.(Sun)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well you should be, running off the ball a much used 'pundit term' is not that evident to me and has produced little.

As much as this forum is full of wanabee pundits talking about what players have 'in their locker' and 'the promised land' of the Premier League, 'running off the ball' isn't really a pundit term, it's a skill. It's something you can watch with your own eyes at a game, if you don't just follow the ball around and actually watch a player.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Baldock is an integral part of the squad. He's more effective against certain defences than others and CH knows this and pairs Murray and Hemed in those games. He's also a confidence player whose dander is well and truly up at the moment after that finish against Fulham. We definitely need a fourth striker and Manu will go. However, whoever comes in will need to fit in to the way we play and have a personality that doesn't disrupt the tremendous togetherness we have.

Not easy to find but I bet the recruitment team have a few irons in the fire already.

Slagging Baldock is mad when he's such a big part of the best TEAM we've had for decades but we're only an injury away from looking one dimensional up front.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Apart from the obvious wish to strengthen the squad to improve our chances of automatic promotion, I also wonder if the chairman will be thinking that it will be cheaper to buy a quality striker before we gain promotion.
I would guess that selling sides ask for far more if they know you suddenly have a £50 million war chest.
An £8million player in January suddenly has an asking price of £12 million if we get to the Premier League.

It's a win/win situation to go big now (which is easy to say when it's not my money).

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Baldock is an integral part of the squad. He's more effective against certain defences than others and CH knows this and pairs Murray and Hemed in those games. He's also a confidence player whose dander is well and truly up at the moment after that finish against Fulham. We definitely need a fourth striker and Manu will go. However, whoever comes in will need to fit in to the way we play and have a personality that doesn't disrupt the tremendous togetherness we have.

Not easy to find but I bet the recruitment team have a few irons in the fire already.

Slagging Baldock is mad when he's such a big part of the best TEAM we've had for decades but we're only an injury away from looking one dimensional up front.

Agree unbelievable some of the criticism he gets on here... People say he doesn't score enough and only runs around need to take a long hard look in the mirror (What about the goal and Wednesday / Fulham / Wolves all of which secured 3 vital points on each occasion. As already well documented, we are certainly light in that area and a similar player is required, such as Russell / Tex etc...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hemed scored 17 goals last season which was his first in the Championship. He is capable of standing in. It's only because Murray is on fire, that he doesn't start games.

We need another striker with pace to compete with Baldock.

Lets not forget Murray is only here on loan and he's 33 - will he be here with us next season if we get to the prem? And at 34, will he still cut-it in the Prem?

Is Hemed prem standard?

I think we need to buy a solid twenty-something prem-ready striker - we can't rely on loans

But does Tony have the pockets for this?

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Lets not forget Murray is only here on loan and he's 33 - will he be here with us next season if we get to the prem? And at 34, will he still cut-it in the Prem?

Is Hemed prem standard?

I think we need to buy a solid twenty-something prem-ready striker - we can't rely on loans

More a case of balls rather than pockets!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Is Hemed prem standard?

I think that's a summer problem, not January.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
What about that fella who got us back in the game with a wonder strike then assisted for the winner against Fulham after they battered us for 60mins? He could replace the player you're describing.

How many has he scored this season, come on, what about the central defender who scored against Blackburn. It goes on and on, but i'm glad you can think of one occassion. That one goal on its own will not get us promoted and what about if Murray and Hemed are absent. CMS was lambasted for scoring double the goals, on his own up front, that Baldock has scored and now Baldock's running off the ball, is key to our success, because his goal contribution is not. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here