Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ohh interesting. Another striker for Villa then if true. No wonder they want to offload McCormack

Villa really are trying to spend their way out of their current position. I guess a lot of this will be funded by the sale or McFatty, but even so, if they don't go up this season they will be either f*cked or amazing next season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
20:20 Sky Sports Centre
HOGAN UPDATE
Crystal Palace have made an initial inquiry about signing Brentford striker Scott Hogan, according to Sky sources.
There's a difference of opinion at West Ham about whether to sign the player for £15m with the final decision resting on manager Slaven Bilic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez will demand that the Magpies agree to pay the £15m fee Crystal Palace are asking for Andros Townsend, 25. The England winger was sold for £13m in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Burnley could sign Aston Villa's Ashley Westwood after the Championship side granted the 26-year-old midfielder permission to discuss a move. (Birmingham Mail)

Villa boss Steve Bruce says he has received no enquiries about Ross McCormack - who he said missed training because his gates would not open and he could not climb over a relatively small wall - and insisted the striker will continue to train with the club's under-23s until he apologises to him. (Talksport)

Crystal Palace midfielder Jordon Mutch, 25, is on the verge of joining Reading on loan for the remainder of the season. (Croydon Advertiser)

Everton are willing to sell Arouna Kone, 33, before the end of the transfer window, with manager Ronald Koeman revealing he has had offers for the former Ivory Coast striker. (Liverpool Echo)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez will demand that the Magpies agree to pay the £15m fee Crystal Palace are asking for Andros Townsend, 25. The England winger was sold for £13m in the summer. (Daily Mail)
So Andros has been so shit that he's looking at stepping down a division, and so his price has gone up? That's mental.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Sunderland have upped their offer for Ulloa, do we have a sell on clause? £7.5m is the latest? could be a few hundred K coming our way if we have.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sunderland have upped their offer for Ulloa, do we have a sell on clause? £7.5m is the latest? could be a few hundred K coming our way if we have.

Think that is less than what we were paid for him anyway. Wasn't it an initial £8 million rising to £10 million. Sell on clause would only be on the profit usually.

I'd be very surprised if Leicester accepted this deal even with Ulloa being annoyed. Why would you sell a player to a relegation rival on the final day of the January window? It makes no sense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think that is less than what we were paid for him anyway. Wasn't it an initial £8 million rising to £10 million. Sell on clause would only be on the profit usually.

I'd be very surprised if Leicester accepted this deal even with Ulloa being annoyed. Why would you sell a player to a relegation rival on the final day of the January window? It makes no sense.

I thought £8M was the top whack. If it was £5M + then there would be a profit and a payment on the sell on clause. I know we received £1M just because Leicester didn't get relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here