Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
'hardly prolific,but he's effective' you're having a laugh fella. Effective at what? We need someone someone to compliment Murray, not be 'effective' who runs around a lot but is mostly second to the ball and easily moved off the ball. We don't need some competition for Baldock we need a replacement.

Other than Stephens going in January, my biggest concern is what would we do should Baldock get injured. I see him as vital to the way we have played under Hughton. His pressing the line creates the space for the midfield to play in. Neither Murray nor Hemed can do this and Knockaert and Murphy weren't as good at it in the games that they were asked to play the role. Brighton are better with him in the side and I can't see anybody obvious that we could afford who would do this any better than he has.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
'hardly prolific,but he's effective' you're having a laugh fella. Effective at what? We need someone someone to compliment Murray, not be 'effective' who runs around a lot but is mostly second to the ball and easily moved off the ball. We don't need some competition for Baldock we need a replacement.

Effective at winning games? If all you think SB does is 'run around alot' then I really can't be arsed to dispute.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Effective at winning games? If all you think SB does is 'run around alot' then I really can't be arsed to dispute.

I think SB is a decent player at this level but I doubt he would cut it in the Prem. We definitely need to improve his position. I'd rather a more combative centre forward playing off the shoulder.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Other than Stephens going in January, my biggest concern is what would we do should Baldock get injured. I see him as vital to the way we have played under Hughton. His pressing the line creates the space for the midfield to play in. Neither Murray nor Hemed can do this and Knockaert and Murphy weren't as good at it in the games that they were asked to play the role. Brighton are better with him in the side and I can't see anybody obvious that we could afford who would do this any better than he has.

'Pressing the line', 'hardly prolific, but he's effective'. Can anyone else come up with words'that are an excuse for a striker that doesn't score enough goals. Strange that we scored our two goals against Birmingham on Saturday when he was off the pitch and not pressing the line. Who would you want in the centre when Knockhaert scored, him or Baldock? If we're serious about promotion theres only one answer. We need a replacement because without Murray, for whatever reason, Baldock cannot fill the gap up front and we would fail to gain promotion. Its an important point given that we are in a results orientated sport and not one that awards points for 'running off the ball' etc, etc, and do remember that there is always a probability that both Murray and Hemed could be injured or suspended at the same time. We need a replacement if we want to secure promotion.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

I don't think you understand

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Well you should be, running off the ball a much used 'pundit term' is not that evident to me and has produced little. As far him worrying defences, he's so light against his opponents he is easily moved off the ball. Can't be arsed to dispute, i'm not surprised. I have nothing against Baldock and want him to score every game, he's just not what we want in a promotion race, sorry.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At least we've found our new Ashley Barnes

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
'Pressing the line', 'hardly prolific, but he's effective'. Can anyone else come up with words'that are an excuse for a striker that doesn't score enough goals. Strange that we scored our two goals against Birmingham on Saturday when he was off the pitch and not pressing the line. Who would you want in the centre when Knockhaert scored, him or Baldock? If we're serious about promotion theres only one answer. We need a replacement because without Murray, for whatever reason, Baldock cannot fill the gap up front and we would fail to gain promotion. Its an important point given that we are in a results orientated sport and not one that awards points for 'running off the ball' etc, etc, and do remember that there is always a probability that both Murray and Hemed could be injured or suspended at the same time. We need a replacement if we want to secure promotion.

What about that fella who got us back in the game with a wonder strike then assisted for the winner against Fulham after they battered us for 60mins? He could replace the player you're describing.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think everyone has

You clearly don't have a clue what JFC does for us then. If you don't think JFC is good at what he does, you clearly don't have a clue about football. In-fact, It's not even worth the dispute.

Obviously Chris Hughton is a crap manager for not selling him. Clueless manager!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You clearly don't have a clue what JFC does for us then. If you don't think JFC is good at what he does, you clearly don't have a clue about football. In-fact, It's not even worth the dispute.

Obviously Chris Hughton is a crap manager for not selling him. Clueless manager!

He will not play again under Hughton. Certainly not in the league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I think there is a bit of a difference between a player out on a season long loan at a lower club, and a player starting week in week out under Hughton don't you?!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Baldock is our third highest scorer and second highest assist maker so far this season. Nobody is pretending that he would be a replacement for Murray. Like the whole squad this season, he is doing his own job very well.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Not sure what point you're making here. One is a player who last I checked can't get a game for Rotherham on loan and was integral in almost sending us down.

The other is a player integral to a consecutive (automatic) promotion push.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not sure what point you're making here. One is a player who last I checked can't get a game for Rotherham on loan and was integral in almost sending us down.

The other is a player integral to a consecutive (automatic) promotion push.

Chris Hughton thinks JFC is a good player.

Obviously the fans know better! Houghton out!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Baldock is our third highest scorer and second highest assist maker so far this season. Nobody is pretending that he would be a replacement for Murray. Like the whole squad this season, he is doing his own job very well.

How did you think he played against Birmingham, Blackburn, Leeds and Cardiff?

I thought he was anonymous in all those fixtures?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here