Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Would he not be worthy of consideration for the No 10 role?

I have suggested him previously and it was said that he has attitude problems but couldn't CH sort him out?

Looking at his signings to date, I believe that CH would rather sign sound balanced human beings and concentrate on football coaching, tactics and motivation rather than the Psychology of some seriously screwed up, spoilt, immature brats.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Chelsea sniffing around Karl Darlow as a back up to Courtois , I wonder if we would sell Stockdale in similar circumstances ???

Sell? He can walk out the door on a free in a few months. I can understand waiting on some of the players with expiring contracts to see which league well be in, like sidders and bruno but I don't understand why Stockdale hasn't been offered new contract. An excellent number 1 in this league, he'd be at least a good number 1 in prem or an excellent number 2 if we bought someone else.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sell? He can walk out the door on a free in a few months. I can understand waiting on some of the players with expiring contracts to see which league well be in, like sidders and bruno but I don't understand why Stockdale hasn't been offered new contract. An excellent number 1 in this league, he'd be at least a good number 1 in prem or an excellent number 2 if we bought someone else.

I think the club has at least managed the contracts well for this summer,very few concern me in the the expiring sense,Stockdale is the exception,maybe Bong too.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

And you know for a fact he hasnt been offered one. Just curious really ive not read anything either way

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hes a quality player needs some guidance though would do well under our Chris. Almost wrecked us at the Amex in the last 15 mins.

Indeed. Steve Bruce is exactly what he doesn't need.

Don't want him here though. Wrong time for us to help him grow up.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Just saw on twatter that we've been linked with Ollie Watkins (Exeter forward). Villa and Derby also looking at him too apparently. God knows Derby are light a few forwards...

If I remember correctly we were linked with him either in the summer or last January. Most likely BS as it's the same people that said we should sell Kayal.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Would he not be worthy of consideration for the No 10 role?

I have suggested him previously and it was said that he has attitude problems but couldn't CH sort him out?

If Alex Ferguson couldn't sort him out then I doubt anyone could. Such a shame as from having read the opinions of others he was the most talented young player that many excellent judges of players have seen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Alex Ferguson couldn't sort him out then I doubt anyone could. Such a shame as from having read the opinions of others he was the most talented young player that many excellent judges of players have seen.

I would have thought that Alex Ferguson would be a little dictatorial where CH would put an arm on his shoulder and talk to him.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not sure putting an arm on the shoulder works with players like that. If they dont respond to fergies iron fist theyre not going to respond to a softly softly approach it would just be like giving them permission to do as they please

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Patrick van Aanholt: Crystal Palace 'very close' to signing Sunderland defender

Crystal Palace have tried to sign "20 to 30 players" during the transfer window, says manager Sam Allardyce.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38769455

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was hoping to avoid this last scramble for players, especially having been top of the Championship for over half the window, but here we are.

It seemed like we would have the pulling power to tempt a player/s early in the window rather than them hold out for potentially bigger offers at the end of it.

The signs coming out of the club are very similar to the lead up to August deadline day where we got Pocognoli in on loan and that was it.

Still hoping for a no.10 that will compete with Baldock. 2 days to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here