The January Transfer Window

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wow, amazed Villa are considering offloading Grealish, unless it's due to ongoing disciplinary problems.

He is a player on the cusp of pissing his undoubted talent up the wall and certainly not one to rely on through the week in/week out pressures of a long Championship season. Wonderful player in danger of becoming something of a show pony.
With his new combative midfield I fancy Bruce's side much more likely to begin a charge. Too little too late though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hughton must have something good up his sleeve in regards to a striker. Like with a RB he had a choice of experience or young but highly rated and he chose Tomori. Reading up on him he sounds like a brilliant acquisition. Does Hughton want an experienced striker or a very good young one?

anybody will do..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
anybody will do..

Would love it to be Keane but suspect we are more likely to be waiting on Derby and whether or not they will sign enough strikers to let Johnny Russell go. Certainly not expecting any surprise names or big money signings. It's all about cover.. :shrug:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Would love it to be Keane but suspect we are more likely to be waiting on Derby and whether or not they will sign enough strikers to let Johnny Russell go. Certainly not expecting any surprise names or big money signings. It's all about cover.. :shrug:

It is that very much...just a body.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I really don't get why the name of Russell keeps popping up. He starts EVERY game for Derby.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You wouldn't want to end up in the playoffs THIS season if Villa manage to claw their way into them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Birmingham City have expressed an interest in 23-year-old Juventus forward Francesco Margiotta.(Goal.com)

Former Manchester United and West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison, 23, is training with Championship side QPR. (Manchester Evening News)

Hull are also set to rival Crystal Palace in the race to sign 25-year-old Olympiakos midfielder Luka Milivojevic. (ESPN)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He is a player on the cusp of pissing his undoubted talent up the wall and certainly not one to rely on through the week in/week out pressures of a long Championship season. Wonderful player in danger of becoming something of a show pony.
With his new combative midfield I fancy Bruce's side much more likely to begin a charge. Too little too late though.
Hes a quality player needs some guidance though would do well under our Chris. Almost wrecked us at the Amex in the last 15 mins.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would argue this.

fair comment....yet in this side and with our position even Billy Barn Door could find the net few times more than he did.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would he not be worthy of consideration for the No 10 role?

I have suggested him previously and it was said that he has attitude problems but couldn't CH sort him out?

Yes. I'm sure CH could sort him out (I think he can do anything!) but is it worth the risk? So many managers have tried and failed.Not sure how many times he has played number 10 either and could he get anywhere near Baldock's workrate?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Would he not be worthy of consideration for the No 10 role?

I have suggested him previously and it was said that he has attitude problems but couldn't CH sort him out?

No-one on here has the answer to that and I doubt CH does either. We'd have to be pretty desperate to take such a gamble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here