Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
As I said I know its to give Hunt more game time but if he is good enough and from what I have heard he has played well, why not give him the chance here? I am very surprised we have been lent this chap to sit on the bench, so surely he must be a shoe in for cup matches and games against lower positioned clubs? The same games that Hunt could have played in. Just my own opinion, if they are good enough, they are good enough.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was thinking exactly the same - why give another clubs 19 year old some experience when we can give our own 20 (??) year old right back that very same experience?

It's simple. We're probably not going to be giving him much experience. Barring possible cup games (and even then if Rosenior is fit it might not be guaranteed), he will not play for us unless there are a number of injuries across the rest of the season. So, it is much better to loan out Hunt and get him first team football and bring in another young player for cover. I don't understand why it is so difficult to understand.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's mad that all season the Albion have had the quality of Goldson and Uwe twiddling their thumbs, while Blunderland are signing Lescott.

Terrible attitude in recent years and has played four games in the Greek League since April. Signing him and selling Van Arnholt suggests Sunderland are accepting they are likely to go down.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
And Brighton have signed a Junior Right Back, to provide cover, so that our Junior Right Back can go out on loan, Yes i know he will get more game time but i still cannot see the sense in this. Surely the Chelsea player will be on considerably higher salary than our player, even though we only pay a percentage?

Why can't you see the sense? Hunt can go out and get close to 20 games experience and Tomori can fill his void in the squad. If Hunt stays here he gets a max of what? 2 or 3 games.

Seems a no brainer to me, i think they have Hunts best interests in mind with this one.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
As I Said I agree they are looking after Hunt, I just cant see Chelsea giving us a player to warm the bench, surely certain appearances must have been pre-agreed?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's simple. We're probably not going to be giving him much experience. Barring possible cup games (and even then if Rosenior is fit it might not be guaranteed), he will not play for us unless there are a number of injuries across the rest of the season. So, it is much better to loan out Hunt and get him first team football and bring in another young player for cover. I don't understand why it is so difficult to understand.

I guess so - just felt a bit odd to me.

Then again I am up to my eye balls in preparing for a new babies arrival and trying to sort out a load of projects to ensure that said arrival doesn't impact them too much

It is probably mangling my brain as when I read your post suddenly felt a bit thick

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I guess so - just felt a bit odd to me.

Then again I am up to my eye balls in preparing for a new babies arrival and trying to sort out a load of projects to ensure that said arrival doesn't impact them too much

It is probably mangling my brain as when I read your post suddenly felt a bit thick

Sorry, didn't mean it to come across like that. It was certainly not an expected signing (as so many of ours aren't) but I trust Hughton, Winstanley and co to get it right.

Good luck with preparing for your new baby!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Sorry, didn't mean it to come across like that. It was certainly not an expected signing (as so many of ours aren't) but I trust Hughton, Winstanley and co to get it right.

Good luck with preparing for your new baby!

haha, thanks!

And didn't come across badly at all was just one of the D'Oh moments when you think - 'That was a bit daft'. Also grown fond of Hunt as he seems like a decent enough lad and quite shy when walking down after the couple of games I have seen when the boy has been after autographs.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I see Keane said he's going somewhere in the UK at the weekend. I thought it was us or Shamrock Rovers before so I now reckon it's us. By Friday I reckon.

More than likely Sunderland I reckon.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Apparently Villa are favourites to take Akpom on loan. Perhaps they're of the view that shifting McCormack's bulk out means they have to sign an equal weight of strikers.
Even Bruce said the other day that they've got six(?) strikers, but only play one up-top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here