Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jloyd Samuel and Matt Derbyshire for me....

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
My boldish guesses:

Out: Manu, Lualua (loan) Stephens (to Burnley for serious money)

In: Tex + one other strker (probably for fairly big money - using Stephens cash - I'll guess Hogan but more probably someone we haven't heard of yet)

We won't replace Stephens directly because Kayal will come back and Chris will put faith in Towell as our 4th midfield option (and will keep Ince around for emergency use).

Towell will get game time towards the end of the season and will be excellent. We will all love him and there will be endless opportunities for the NSC funster punsters to make jokes based on his name

We will draw with Villa on the final day which will be enough to pip Newcastle to the championship title, promotion having already been secured two games earlier.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Only need 1 signing, and that is real competition for Sam B...

I believe Kaz will go, with his recent naughtiness the final straw... maybe Ince too...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Every OUT will be replaced by an IN as we won't want to reduce the size of the squad below the current 26 players.

We'll learn from last year and all the desperate talk of recalling loans for the play off 2nd leg injury crisis.

OUT Elvis, IN Striker / #10

OUT Ince - we have no choice but to plan for the worst possible case, IN Central Midfielder.

?? OUT LuaLua, IN Striker / Winger / Attack Mid ??

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Burnley have just signed Barton, their 5th CM with Hendrick also being a recent acquisition.
With 25 man squads in the PL there is also a limit on how many central midfielders they will be able to include.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think we may see Ulloa back at the Amex, but only as back-up for Murray ... and stronger back-up than Hemed.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Baldock is hardly prolific, but he's effective. What we need is some competition for him.

Its pretty rare you'll suddenly bring in someone who'll bag you 10-15 goals between January and the end of the season, those type of players are rarely available. If that's really what you're waiting for, I think you'll end up disappointed. We're on +21 GD, goalscoring isn't really a problem. The squad just needs a little fine-tuning, some decent backup, and this kid would fit the bill IMO.

'hardly prolific,but he's effective' you're having a laugh fella. Effective at what? We need someone someone to compliment Murray, not be 'effective' who runs around a lot but is mostly second to the ball and easily moved off the ball. We don't need some competition for Baldock we need a replacement.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'hardly prolific,but he's effective' you're having a laugh fella. Effective at what? We need someone someone to compliment Murray, not be 'effective' who runs around a lot but is mostly second to the ball and easily moved off the ball. We don't need some competition for Baldock we need a replacement.

Wise words. Isn't it amazing how Hughton hasn't realised this, and INSISTS on playing this wastrel week-in, week out.

Clueless bloody manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here