Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say Dack? Just curious...ive watched him on the box (not that it tells all) a couple of times and he looks slow and overweight....have we not already got his equivalent in Towell (who doesnt look slow/overweight?)
    Is Dack any better than Towell? On the games shown on TV he doesnt look to be up to Championship level.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Is Dack any better than Towell? On the games shown on TV he doesnt look to be up to Championship level.
      That was kind of the point i was making...but interested to hear the OP's view
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      Having just 24 players really is risking it.

We currently have 26, why reduce that ?
      Last season 26 players played more than 90 minutes. I think we were short in the end (play-offs).

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/211/...gland-Brighton

I think we ought to keep all our players as we may need them.

Even Manu goes we need to replace him. The same with Ince and Towell. Lualua might be unsettled.

To my mind we have complete a squad. I think they are good enough as well. Could always be better.

Would we have signed Norwood of the Pritchard deal had not been gazumped? If so CH may think we need an attacking midfielder as well?

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      I'd have a shortlist of 3 players as potential loan signings - Peter Crouch, Joao Teixeira and Jonathan Calleri.

It's so difficult. Goals in League 1 mean little, goals in the Championship will leave you little change of £10 mill, while strikers from the Prem are on huge money.

Even in Spain you're taking a punt. The likes of David Rodriguez - who was sh1t with us - has since bagged 46 goals in 102 appearances for Alcorcon.

Any Prem striker you can get is likely to have been kicking his heels and will want first team action, and Glenn Murray isn't getting dropped any time soon.
      I don't think David Rodriguez was really given a chance. Granted he was not a hardworker , his strength was running 'of the shoulder the last player' , he made a lot of runs but the ball did n't come.

0 Not allowed!
      Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 29m29 minutes ago
      Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The Asprilla school of thought has some merit (leave well alone) but for me we have to strengthen. Chances don't come better than this one and if we lost a couple of strikers to injury we could still miss out. Is that likely? Probably not, but you cannot take the chance at this point with what's at stake. If Manu goes we need two strikers IMO.

I'd keep Kaz around until the summer regardless he has something to offer and is going to be a known quantity. I'd look for someone young from the lower divisions to replace Ince and if Tex is available he could cover a loan move for Towell who needs games and also offer another option in the no.10 role. I'd like to see one striker capable of playing in the PL from abroad even if that means breaking the transfer record and a young up and coming player from the lower leagues.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      If by Frank you mean Lampard, I'm afraid you have lost the plot.
      Yes. I do mean Lampard. Don't think we need him but I have a feeling we may sign him.
      :guitar:
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'd love it if Albion had the spending powerfully Scott Hogan from Brentford

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...scott-12346703
      Football is so beautiful because underdogs are able to achieve good results against giants. Regardless of what others say about our team, there’s always a chance. If you are able to take the pressure away from the team, sensations can happen. I have confidence in this Albion team
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      I worry if Murray should get injured, or suspended. We do need another goalscorer in my opinion.
      Hemed scored 17 goals last season which was his first in the Championship. He is capable of standing in. It's only because Murray is on fire, that he doesn't start games.

We need another striker with pace to compete with Baldock.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Yes. I do mean Lampard. Don't think we need him but I have a feeling we may sign him.
      Based on what ? You're right, we don't need him. I just cannot see CH thinking that we do. The outlay would be ridiculous, and its not a position we're short in, even if Stephens was sold.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"