Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only spanner in the works is if he is being a dick again and wants to go, although with the best chance of promotion he's ever had this would seem a strange decision
There's less than 4 months left, that would be a bit silly. As you say, he'll get the best deal in the summer (with someone) if he's been performing well and helped us go up.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You may as well have just said "BUMP".

Re Stephens, it would be madness to sell, obviously. Especially when the Stephens / Kayal axis is touching distance from being back on meaning we basically smash everyone. The only spanner in the works is if he is being a dick again and wants to go, although with the best chance of promotion he's ever had this would seem a strange decision (particularly when he could maximise his earnings by leaving on a free anyway if we don't go up).

Anyway, I trust CH and TB almost as much as my Mrs so I'm not stressing.

If he is considering a move then surely he should use this as a shop window to maximise his appeal to more teams that may not be interested or looking yet.
Unless the deal has theoretically been done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham and Sunderland are interested in Leeds striker Chris Wood, 25, but have been put off by the Championship club's £15m valuation.(ESPN)

Middlesbrough are on the verge of completing the £5m signing of Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford, 23, recently recalled to Stamford Bridge from a season-long loan at Burnley.(Northern Echo)

Costa will effectively be ending his career if he moves to the Chinese Super League, according to Chelsea's former player and assistant manager Ray Wilkins, slumped behind the wheel of his car. (Sky Sports)

Manchester City have held talks with Barcelona over a £100m move for Argentina forward Lionel Messi.(Sun)

Middlesbrough will reluctantly sell Gaston Ramirez to Leicester for £10m and replace him with Stoke's Bojan - the two 26-year-old attacking midfielders are both keen on moves. (Sun)

Christian Benteke's agent says the 26-year-old striker's focus is entirely on Crystal Palace despite reports linking the Belgium international with a move to Paris St-Germain.(Evening Standard)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If he is considering a move then surely he should use this as a shop window to maximise his appeal to more teams that may not be interested or looking yet.
Unless the deal has theoretically been done.

Still surprised that people think Stephens is leaving. I'd be amazed if he left now. Bloom has said no-one we want to keep will leave, he certainly hasn't been playing like he's been disengaged in recent weeks and from his own perspective, a catastrophic injury aside, he'll get the best deal as a free agent in the summer window. He was ill for Preston, and CH has already stated he'll be back for SWLOL on Friday (along with Bong, Dunk and Pocognoli also likely to be available).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So where is our new striker? Fast running out of options...

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
Or Nugget, as my daughter calls him, due to his allegiance last season.

Too right, just thought he'd be the perfect player for us, done it before (twice), will score you goals and will understand that he wont play all the time, similar to Keane imo, think we've maybe missed out there unless we sign someone with similar attributes and history.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We should speak to Chris Wood's agent, and look to offer him a nice pay rise with a promotion bonus, and highlight that when Murray's loan is up Chris is the kind of player we want in the PL. Then we should make a decent bid for him.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
We should speak to Chris Wood's agent, and look to offer him a nice pay rise with a promotion bonus, and highlight that when Murray's loan is up Chris is the kind of player we want in the PL. Then we should make a decent bid for him.

I like where you're heading but id prefer Hogan, both valued at the same price.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
if we were going to spend big, I think our PERFECT signing would be Abel Hernandez, I think he's a class player and proven in the championship and also some in the prem, but I know how far off I am.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
What's your financial situation at the moment? Given the inflated prices being bandied about, will you strengthen with permanent signings who can pass muster in the top flight?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here