Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 29m29 minutes ago
Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before.
Not sure we see the value in a 'Very big bid'.

More likely to get a bargain from overseas.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, if Murray got injured, we'd have to get by with a 17 goal a season striker.......wonder where we might find one of those. Somebody relatively cheap, from Israel, perhaps?

Oh I like Tomer, don't get me wrong, and yes he scored a fair few goals for us last season, but for me at least, he isn't in the same mould as Glenn goal scoring wise.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Doubt Brentford chairman would ever sell a player to tony bloom.

Would be happy with Russell coming in and ince + manu going out. Need to keep towell and lua lua as cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why do you say Dack? Just curious...ive watched him on the box (not that it tells all) a couple of times and he looks slow and overweight....have we not already got his equivalent in Towell (who doesnt look slow/overweight?)

Was just listing names we've been linked to in the position we need cover for.

To be honest i've only ever seen Dack play twice, and both times I didn't think he was very good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Last season 26 players played more than 90 minutes. I think we were short in the end (play-offs).

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/211/Archive/England-Brighton

I think we ought to keep all our players as we may need them.

Even Manu goes we need to replace him. The same with Ince and Towell. Lualua might be unsettled.

To my mind we have complete a squad. I think they are good enough as well. Could always be better.

Would we have signed Norwood of the Pritchard deal had not been gazumped? If so CH may think we need an attacking midfielder as well?

According to Chris Hughton, we had always intended to sign both Norwood AND Pritchard.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 29m29 minutes ago
Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before.
Reckon it's the Chinese Trillion Trophy Birmingham lot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh I like Tomer, don't get me wrong, and yes he scored a fair few goals for us last season, but for me at least, he isn't in the same mould as Glenn goal scoring wise.
Tomer is the cover for Glenn Murray - two players in each position is standard, and we've got our two in that role. Realistically, you can't have three for every position (even if we were criticised by someone last season for not having three left backs!) It is cover/competition for the Baldock role that we are short of.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't have the time to trawl through the Johnny Russell threads, but has this point been addressed: we need someone on 1st Jan, I see very little likelihood that one of our promotion rivals will just let one of their regular first team starters join a rival without holding out for more money, or other spoiling tactics to ensure we don't get what we want, when we want, for how much we want.
I really can't see that one happening. I do suspect that Assombalonga will be off, and Hogan might be vulnerable to a big bid. Wells will also go, but I really don't want him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tomer is the cover for Glenn Murray - two players in each position is standard, and we've got our two in that role. Realistically, you can't have three for every position (even if we were criticised by someone last season for not having three left backs!) It is cover/competition for the Baldock role that we are short of.

You missed the point that Rosenior was injured just before the deadline so we could have brought in a short term loan, something we can no longer do. We are now covered at the back as we gave 2 for every position with LR being versatile play anywhere as needed. We are covered in all positions except a direct cover for Sam.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here