Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1003
  1. #21
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    19,010


    3 Not allowed!
    Not signing a striker could be the biggest mistakes for years.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members nwgull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Manchester
      Posts
      8,495


      2 Not allowed!
      No significant squad injuries right now, correct?

      I bet we sign just one player, but someone significant. Worst case, we'll still be 2 points clear of 3rd when the window opens, which has to make BHA quite an attractive prospect to Julio Flairio and his agent.
    • #23

      0 Not allowed!
      Of all the names chucked around recently Tex is my ideal January signing.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Hanover/Elm Grove
      Posts
      7,303


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hughton was pretty sanguine live on the radio earlier today - really doesn't sound like we'll be doing much at all. Cover/competition for Baldock will be it I reckon, we're pretty well covered in every other position.
      Hmmm. He also said before both of our last two games that Murphy was available, only to say after Birmingham that he wasn't. Which is another way of saying, he's not always keen to tell the truth, despite his generosity of demeanour. I might be wrong on this, but suspect that @NooBHA will be able to provide a better overview.
    • #25
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      3,741


      6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MattBackHome View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Of all the names chucked around recently Tex is my ideal January signing.
      This. Makes the most sense to me:

      - Already familiar with club and surroundings - will fit in off the bat.
      - Knows 5-6 players in the squad from before so unlikely to upset team balance.
      - Can play either side on the wing or his favoured position behind the striker, which means KLL could go.
      - Will cost us nothing so we won't be lumbered trying to offload a Rhodes type signing next year.

      Seems that some people think we're going to spunk 10M on a striker to 'guarantee' promotion. I'd be most worried about upsetting the equilibrium of the squad if we brought in a big money striker when Muzza is sticking them away week in week out and Hemed has shown some good signs when coming on lately.
    • #26
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      14,165


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hmmm. He also said before both of our last two games that Murphy was available, only to say after Birmingham that he wasn't. Which is another way of saying, he's not always keen to tell the truth, despite his generosity of demeanour. I might be wrong on this, but suspect that @NooBHA will be able to provide a better overview.
      Learning from a poker player
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #27
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      16,103


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I worry if Murray should get injured, or suspended. We do need another goalscorer in my opinion.
      Yes, if Murray got injured, we'd have to get by with a 17 goal a season striker.......wonder where we might find one of those. Somebody relatively cheap, from Israel, perhaps?
    • #28
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      16,103


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In: Hogan, Tex, Frank

      Out: Manu, Ince (loan), Towell (loan), Hunt (loan), Maybe we can sell JFC & O'Grady too?
      In: Maybe; Yes; No.

      Out: Manu - yes; Ince - probably impractical to arrange a loan in current circumstances; Towell - on fringes of the squad - may be needed, so keep; Hunt - until Liam is fit again, our back-up right back - keep; Sell JFC and COG? Won't they be away for free in the summer?
    • #29
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Body: Worthing, Heart: Benitatxell
      Posts
      2,019


      2 Not allowed!
      Can't we get Bruno to ask his mate David Villa to come here for a few months as cover for Glenn Murray?
    • #30
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      20,986


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We just need cover up top, that's it.

      Teixeira
      Russell
      Dack

      Any of those will do, probably won't need to call on him much. CH has put his faith in Baldock, we won't be spending big money to 'replace' him as such.
      Why do you say Dack? Just curious...ive watched him on the box (not that it tells all) a couple of times and he looks slow and overweight....have we not already got his equivalent in Towell (who doesnt look slow/overweight?)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •