Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Liverpool will reject any bids for Aston Villa and Albion target.

Aston Villa and Albion have both been knocked back in their approach for Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart.

The ECHO are reporting that the Reds have rejected moves from both Midlands clubs as well as Swansea City, Brighton and Newcastle for the in-demand 23-year-old.

Liverpool have no intention of selling the former Tottenham trainee during the January window and he is expected to remain at Anfield.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...s/transfer-news-liverpool-reject-any-12400050

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Queens Park Rangers are looking to sign Brighton and Hove Albion winger Kazenga LuaLua on loan, according to West London Sport.

The 26-year old has scored just 17 times in 142 appearances for Chris Hughton’s men who sit on top of the Championship table, with a game in hand on second placed Newcastle United.

Despite this though, the Congolese winger has made just 2 appearances for the Seagulls this term, with his last outing coming against the Magpies back in late August.

LuaLua would be a shrewd addition for Ian Holloway however, and after telling midfielder Karl Henry that he can leave Loftus Road, and Tjaronn Cherry handing in a transfer request too, the 53-year old manager is looking to overhaul his squad in January.

The R’s sit 17th in the Championship standings after 25 games, which is underwhelming when you consider the amount of quality they have in their ranks.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-looking-to-sign-championship-winger-on-loan/

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-to-sign-brighton-winger-kazenga-lualua-on-loan

I expected this newspaper speculation.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Hardly a surprise given they would have signed him on deadline day if we had brought one in. I can't see much upside to sending KLL out on loan though unless we sign at least two attacking players, maybe even three. (One short in the Baldock role already and Manu gone.) I suppose having Solly back is *cliche alert* "like having a new signing" but last season's injury crisis shows the risk of leaving ourselves short.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the liklehood of Lua Lua getting on the pitch for our first team I would think virtually nil. He is probably no 5 in the left winger line up so either a loan or sale is the best thing for all concerned.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What is the liklehood of Lua Lua getting on the pitch for our first team I would think virtually nil. He is probably no 5 in the left winger line up so either a loan or sale is the best thing for all concerned.

Yes "virtually nil" but perhaps more likely than losing four first teamers to injury within an hour at Sheff Wed in the play off.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Queens Park Rangers are looking to sign Brighton and Hove Albion winger Kazenga LuaLua on loan, according to West London Sport.

The 26-year old has scored just 17 times in 142 appearances for Chris Hughton’s men who sit on top of the Championship table, with a game in hand on second placed Newcastle United.

Despite this though, the Congolese winger has made just 2 appearances for the Seagulls this term, with his last outing coming against the Magpies back in late August.

LuaLua would be a shrewd addition for Ian Holloway however, and after telling midfielder Karl Henry that he can leave Loftus Road, and Tjaronn Cherry handing in a transfer request too, the 53-year old manager is looking to overhaul his squad in January.

The R’s sit 17th in the Championship standings after 25 games, which is underwhelming when you consider the amount of quality they have in their ranks.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-looking-to-sign-championship-winger-on-loan/

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-to-sign-brighton-winger-kazenga-lualua-on-loan

My word that's badly written.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hardly a surprise given they would have signed him on deadline day if we had brought one in. I can't see much upside to sending KLL out on loan though unless we sign at least two attacking players, maybe even three. (One short in the Baldock role already and Manu gone.) I suppose having Solly back is *cliche alert* "like having a new signing" but last season's injury crisis shows the risk of leaving ourselves short.

Why 2 or 3 attacking players? We need 1 striker, we already have 6 wingers / players in that position.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Here's (a little) one: QPR are short of attacking threat, and play Reading and Fulham in their next couple of games...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is not in our interests to reduce the squad size from 26 so a replacement ( possibly a further striker ) would be required.

We are already down to 25 players with Elvis going as it is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is not in our interests to reduce the squad size from 26 so a replacement ( possibly a further striker ) would be required.

We are already down to 25 players with Elvis going as it is.

I disagree replacing Lua Lua if he goes on loan or is sold is not a priority as we have many who can cover and all far better. You are going for quantity not quality.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Here's (a little) one: QPR are short of attacking threat, and play Reading and Fulham in their next couple of games...

It's very much in our interest to strengthen teams like QPR who can't challenge us but can take points off rivals. IF qe can afford to go without Kaz and IF we can afford to loan him rather than sell it's ideal as he can't play v us.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Why 2 or 3 attacking players? We need 1 striker, we already have 6 wingers / players in that position.

Yes, we currently need one striker. However, if we send KLL out on loan we will need someone else to come in (exactly how we viewed the situation when QPR wanted him last window.) You can argue whether Manu going leaves us another short - I already addressed that point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, we currently need one striker. However, if we send KLL out on loan we will need someone else to come in (exactly how we viewed the situation when QPR wanted him last window.) You can argue whether Manu going leaves us another short - I already addressed that point.

But surely that view is wrong we do not need another run of the mill squad player we need somebody who can offer competition to the existing squad or 1st XI not just an also ran to make up numbers.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Granted. However, I am still firmly of the view that we need to bring someone in if we are going to let anymore go out. I don't have access to BG's crystal ball so will just have to remind myself of us being desperately short of numbers both last season's playoffs and when Oscar was here. I don't think we will be needing the playoffs this time but this is the time to strengthen, not ship out squad players without replacing them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My view is that a squad of 26 is correct and LuaLua would have gone on loan in the summer if we had brought in Pritchard or similar.

So 1 in, 1 out.

Elvis has gone so we need 1. If LuaLua goes we need 2.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Naylor being a little bit cryptic on twitter.......dont know how to copy his tweet and picture

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here