Trevor Sinclair and Paul Stewart

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
9 days down and no star man. :(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What we're you expecting? I suspect you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.
I expect we're trying to sign a forward. I hoped we'd have got one, but not necessarily expected to have done it yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The good news being that we don't need to sign someone urgently in order to impact on results. We're already getting the results.
All we are looking for is cover for potential injury or loss of form to ONE player (Baldock). Whoever we sign has to be good enough to step in but might never actually play!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The good news being that we don't need to sign someone urgently in order to impact on results. We're already getting the results.
All we are looking for is cover for potential injury or loss of form to ONE player (Baldock). Whoever we sign might never actually play!
My big 'worry' is that Derby string us along over signing Russell, only to tactically pull the plug on transfer deadline day.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
All we are looking for is cover for potential injury or loss of form to ONE player (Baldock). Whoever we sign has to be good enough to step in but might never actually play!

That's why I'm surprised were not after Robbie Keane, well, not one of our main targets anyway.

He's better than Baldock, or was, but at 36 wouldn't expect to start, but would be ideal to bring off the bench for the last 20 mins or so to give Sam Baldock a rest.

Having said that maybe he does want to start and maybe we don't think he's as capable anymore.

Just need to trust Hughton and co I guess

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My big 'worry' is that Derby string us along over signing Russell, only to tactically pull the plug on transfer deadline day.

Fair comment. In all honesty I'm a bit "meh" about Russell (prefer Robbie Keane) but he's probably about as close to a Baldock lookee-likee as we will get and still the favourite to come in. Certainly meets my criteria as a stop-gap "just in case" signing. I think it'll be done next week now the Nugent deal is done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the club would have systems in place to ensure things like that don't happen.
True. They must have a cut off date for it to happen before deadline day or they walk away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I expect we're trying to sign a forward. I hoped we'd have got one, but not necessarily expected to have done it yet.

Naylor announced yesterday that we had been trying to get Nugent (on loan) so they definitely ARE looking to bring one in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Naylor announced yesterday that we had been trying to get Nugent (on loan) so they definitely ARE looking to bring one in.

And this is good news, as Nugent on a half-season loan is precisely one of the few sorts of transfers we should be after. He'd help us over the line, but then we wouldn't be burdened with him if we got over the loan. This is why Keane would also be a good idea (although I can't see the attraction of us to him really), as would a top young PL striker a la Abraham. The other sort of signing we should be looking at would be one that is longer term (if there's anyone suitable currently available in Europe, for instance).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here