Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Whatever will be will be ref. Stephens etc.
We are not usually prolific in the January window and I can't see that changing.
The good business decision would be to cash in whilst we still can, the gamblers decision would be to keep and possibly lose on a free if we don't go up.
Tough one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The good business decision would be to cash in whilst we still can, the gamblers decision would be to keep and possibly lose on a free if we don't go up.
If we sell Stephens and it costs us promotion, that will have been a very poor business decision. To call it gambling suggests taking a risk where the odds don't stack up. Not something our chairman is known for. I expect he'll make the right call.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If we sell Stephens and it costs us promotion, that will have been a very poor business decision. To call it gambling suggests taking a risk where the odds don't stack up. Not something our chairman is known for. I expect he'll make the right call.

Is this seriously still being debated? I genuinely can't believe anyone is suggesting we should sell one of our best players to get some money but put promotion at risk. As you say, I'm sure Bloom won't risk promotion to cash in on Stephens now.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Whatever will be will be ref. Stephens etc.
We are not usually prolific in the January window and I can't see that changing.
Tough one.

It's not very tough at all unless the player is making it so. The gamble is to cash in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've convinced me. I'm in.

#AllAboardTheRogerBus
#WeWantRoger

Oh Christ don't encourage me, that's the last thing I need.

As said Roger is my antidote to the BS that always gets written on here 'linking' the Albion with players who are either internationals or more likely played well against us.
We all know nobody knows anything, because that's how the club does it's business.
Being #TeamHogan just advertises the fact that you personally, also know nothing.

It's quite liberating to take a 15 minute google/Wiki around Europe and see who you can find to fit your set criteria.
In looking for better Baldock in order I went for:-

Goal scorer - check
Great name - check.
Neither too old or young - check (26)
Not too tall - check
A bit chippy - check
Bad injury to keep the money down - check

All that very quickly equalled Roger Marti.
I've been keeping an eye on Lavante's results for a couple of months, and have been enjoying the process.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Oh Christ don't encourage me, that's the last thing I need.

As said Roger is my antidote to the BS that always gets written on here 'linking' the Albion with players who are either internationals or more likely played well against us.
We all know nobody knows anything, because that's how the club does it's business.
Being #TeamHogan just advertises the fact that you personally, also know nothing.

It's quite liberating to take a 15 minute google/Wiki around Europe and see who you can find to fit your set criteria.
In looking for better Baldock in order I went for:-

Goal scorer - check
Great name - check.
Neither too old or young - check (26)
Not too tall - check
A bit chippy - check
Bad injury to keep the money down - check

All that very quickly equalled Roger Marti.
I've been keeping an eye on Lavante's results for a couple of months, and have been enjoying the process.

Was at Valencia the same time as Bruno, so you could be on to something here...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was at Valencia the same time as Bruno, so you could be on to something here...
:facepalm:
Next time please add a :lol: or :dunce: to indicate some form of humour.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have a feeling we will be announcing something very soon!

Just a hunch!

You may as well have just said "BUMP".

Re Stephens, it would be madness to sell, obviously. Especially when the Stephens / Kayal axis is touching distance from being back on meaning we basically smash everyone. The only spanner in the works is if he is being a dick again and wants to go, although with the best chance of promotion he's ever had this would seem a strange decision (particularly when he could maximise his earnings by leaving on a free anyway if we don't go up).

Anyway, I trust CH and TB almost as much as my Mrs so I'm not stressing.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
You may as well have just said "BUMP".

Re Stephens, it would be madness to sell, obviously. Especially when the Stephens / Kayal axis is touching distance from being back on meaning we basically smash everyone. The only spanner in the works is if he is being a dick again and wants to go, although with the best chance of promotion he's ever had this would seem a strange decision (particularly when he could maximise his earnings by leaving on a free anyway if we don't go up).

Anyway, I trust CH and TB almost as much as my Mrs so I'm not stressing.

Evening LLCOOLJ...just a small tip! You obviously love/trust your Mrs very much and well done for admitting that! But knowing some of the characters on this forum I think you may have opened yourself and Mrs LLCOOLJ to a tad of ridicule! I for one will not!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Evening LLCOOLJ...just a small tip! You obviously love/trust your Mrs very much and well done for admitting that! But knowing some of the characters on this forum I think you may have opened yourself and Mrs LLCOOLJ to a tad of ridicule! I for one will not!

Ha ha. Fortunately I don't give a **** mate. I did think about that before posting....:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here