Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not making a signing would be a great vote of confidence in our existing strike force and might spur them on to even greater heights. And if Baldock does get injured then CH will just have to try Knockaert in a more central role again.

Btw, am I correct in thinking that Skalak has played as a second striker in the past? We've tried both AK and Murphy there, but not him ....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Not making a signing would be a great vote of confidence in our existing strike force and might spur them on to even greater heights. And if Baldock does get injured then CH will just have to try Knockaert in a more central role again.

Btw, am I correct in thinking that Skalak has played as a second striker in the past? We've tried both AK and Murphy there, but not him ....
Solly has played in a central #10 role too.

But I would still bring in at least 1 more striker to minimise risk. Injuries are the biggest threat to a top 2 finish.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Everyone other than Baldock, that's been asked to play the Baldock role has had 2 things in common:-

A - They've looked a shadow of themselves, sometimes during the same game.
2 - They have been completely ineffectual.
&
C - The Albion have suffered on the wing.

I now expect Pravda to appear and tell us all that in fact wingers coming 'inside' has been the biggest success this season.

This current run the squad is on, coincides with everybody doing one job.
The one job they have spent most of their professional lives doing.

I have no idea what the fascination NSC has with putting square pegs into round holes.
It's failed so many times, Liam Rosenior is the exception that proves the rule.

If SB had returned to sicknote/suspension status, I have no doubt the team would have lost x games, x points and we'd be bricking ourselves about players wanting pastures new.

'The' striker has been needed for years, the market has consistently overheated for all those years, but right here and now the club (Tony) will just have to suck it up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lewis Grabben interest according to the mirror. That one crops up every window too :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lewis Grabben interest according to the mirror. That one crops up every window too :lol:
Even more amazing considering he hasn't scored 2 goals against us, at the AMEX.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A couple of bad apples suggested above to upset our excellent team spirit :nono:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fraizer Campbell from Palace?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god for Liam or your argument was busted.

Not as busted as it would have been following the logic of 'everyone can just move up a place', from this and the Kaz thread, ultimately resulting in Casper playing right back. :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here