Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Danson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if I missed this but Swansea have agreed a fee of 5m for Norwich's Martin Olsson. Is it me or is that silly money based on his performance at the Amex. Dunk must be worth 20m in that case.
    Having to sell before he buys.
    In true Norwich scouting fashion they will hijack someone's forward purchase.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      Relax.
      I can't!
      1 billion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Well those 90% are clearly stupid then!

We now have the tightest defence in the EFL and are currently fifth highest scorers in the Championship. That to me appears to indicate we have a good blend between our goalscoring options and a solid defence.

Having said that I do concede that we could do with some cover up front - cover though, not a replacement. That obviously means you aren't going to be signing a marque striker to then sit on the bench, which pretty much eliminates loan signings from the Premier League or big money signings from anywhere.

I'm more inclined to think it will be a signing where people will go "who"?
      We should strive to improve on what we have. This means signing, at the very least, a striker who is as good as Sam B (real competition), but preferably to replace him.
      SockMonster Quote: I agree with BW I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B.W. View Post
      We should strive to improve on what we have. This means signing, at the very least, a striker who is as good as Sam B (real competition), but preferably to replace him.
      Why? Why attempt to replace Baldock now? The team is working perfectly well as it is and needs cover. - not replacement. Do that when/if we get promotion if deemed necessary!

While you're at it why not replace Murray too, after all Murray isn't even our player!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Rather than replace any of the first choice now better wait 5 months and just bring in players that will help us reach our aim and then spend money on replacements.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      That'll be the 5th choice striker, not the main singing I reckon.
      A middle class striker playing for Dagenham, hmmm.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by FatSuperman View Post
      I know he's a striker, so it's always going to be an insane number, but 15m sounds crazy. I vaguely remember him last season as being constantly injured, does one good championship season equate to that kind of money?
      In his case it would appear so. Crazy I agree.

0 Not allowed!
      Why? Why attempt to replace Baldock now? The team is working perfectly well as it is and needs cover. - not replacement. Do that when/if we get promotion if deemed necessary!

While you're at it why not replace Murray too, after all Murray isn't even our player!
      Correct.....get some decent cover for Sam to take us through till the end of the season. If we're up, CH and the recruitment team can then set about securing the targets they undoubtedly already have in their sights for the PL over the summer.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Because Baldock needs serious competition for his place, competition drives up performance
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by durrington gull View Post
      Because Baldock needs serious competition for his place, competition drives up performance
      Mostly but not always,that said we need to not let the window pass without signing a striker,preferably two.
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.