Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Aston Villa are expected to complete the signing of Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury by the end of Friday.

Forest rejected an offer from fierce rivals Derby County for the 26-year-old midfielder earlier in January.

The Rams have retained their interest in the former Arsenal player, for whom they made a bid of about £2.5m.

But Villa are believed to have offered about £3.5m for Lansbury, who is out of contract in the summer.

And 40k a week!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is the cut off to be registered, in order to play at 19.45pm tomorrow??

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Ha. No - just hoping that IF Weds did land Rhodes, that they've missed the cut off for him to be involved tomorrow.

Dam. That was the most exciting thing I've seen in this window to date - sad eh!

Can see the Rhodes saga rattling on till the end of Jan. Boro don't need to sell him so can just hold out for the best price.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can see the Rhodes saga rattling on till the end of Jan. Boro don't need to sell him so can just hold out for the best price.

Not only that, judging from the shenanigans over his transfer to Boro, he has the type of agent that prefers to do a deal on the last day of the window.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Dam. That was the most exciting thing I've seen in this window to date - sad eh!

Not only that, judging from the shenanigans over his transfer to Boro, he has the type of agent that prefers to do a deal on the last day of the window.

I think the two are pretty closely related!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

IF we were to win tomorrow again v Cardiff, the gap to Sheff Weds would be so great that I'd welcome them landing him to help beat others.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Despite our league position, players play football for money and Aston Village can offer a lot more than we can, sadly.

Might be best financially in the short term but Villa are currently 13th in the league, ten points off a play off spot and it'll be hard for them to work their way into one. If we finish where most hope / expect us to this season than chances are we'll be able to be the better choice in the long term.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here