Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
Rotherham have turned down bids of up to 2 million from QPR and another unnamed championship club. They want 5 million for him. 6 months left on his contract. 9 league goals this season

Huddersfield get around 40% of the fee. Most town fans wouldn't have him back btw although they could do with his goals.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Rotherham have turned down bids of up to 2 million from QPR and another unnamed championship club. They want 5 million for him. 6 months left on his contract. 9 league goals this season

Same position as Winnall was in? Wednesday look like they got themselves a bargain!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Winnall for 500k is a BARGAIN. Same for Lansbury going for around £3m (reports vary in price paid)

Hourihane at Barnsley only have 6 months on his contract too. Lots of decent players with not long left on contracts in the Championship!

Hourihane is off to Villa too by all accounts! Wednesday still in pursuit of Rhodes which will give them a phenomenal choice of strikers.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And some fans need to realise that buying a player isn't like buying a mass-produced product from a shop.

In this window especially most players that are any good are going to be want to be kept by their clubs. That is before consideration is given to player valuation and willingness of a player to relocate.

We also need the 'right' kind of player. A player who, ability aside, fits in with our current squad's ethos. This squad isn't just about ability, it's about personality and togetherness. To get any old player who may upset any aspect of the harmony in our squad could cause more harm than adding nobody.

If we end up with what we've got I'm sure it won't be for want of trying, and the current squad have served us well so far. Of course there is a need to strengthen the squad if possible, but there is also a need for realism when it comes to some fans expectations.
Erm, I was only jesting.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
From the Independent. (Sorry about the Scum reference)

The E@&!*s are expected to take a closer look at Fleetwood Town left-back Amari'i Bell this weekend, but face competition from arch rivals Brighton for his signature. The Championship promotion chasers have been scouting Bell and teammate Keano Deacon.

I know Bell has been mentioned previously but first I've heard of Keano Deacon.

Keano Deacon is an English professional footballer who plays for Fleetwood Town, as a midfielder. (Wikipedia)
Born: April 4, 1996 (age 20)
Height: 1.69 m

Would be development squad, obviously, but I'd like a player called Keano.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Burnley have made a £13m bid for Norwich's 25-year-old winger Robbie Brady. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend, 25, is keen to return to Newcastle on loan, with Palace considering signing Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing, 32, as a replacement. (Guardian)

Palace boss Sam Allardyce tried and failed to bring in "about 20" new players but a deal for Arsenal's 24-year-old right-back Carl Jenkinson remains alive.(Evening Standard)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Club continue to play it down, whilst indicating anything we do is likely to be late in the window (but we have options if nothing is done). Doesn't seem like the messaging has changed at all really - we'd like a striker, we may or may not get one. Wouldn't be overly sensible for the club or CH to come out and say 'we desperately need a striker at any cost' either given the market is already mental, it'd just put the price up even more.

Patience, people, have patience. My money is on Keane coming in to do a Zamora-type job. Not 100% what we need but at least another option.

Think the sentiment is absolutely spot on, no point bleating about being in the market with a specific need only to be bid up by agents for every player you go for.

Think the Robbie Keane piece is more intriguing, I bet we've offered terms but he/his agent has said for the sake of a week/ten days let's wait to see what else might materialise. In his case the player holds all the cards and given his own financial background it's unlikely to be purely motivated by money.

I will be slightly concerned should Baldock not make the bench Tuesday/Sat as that would indicate a tear rather than a strain which might mean a min of six weeks, then we'd def need someone else.

Finally I think actually we're not as desperate for someone as from an evaluation perspective having Murray on 15, Knockaert on 10, Baldock 9 (all comps) and Hemed 9 (all comps) CH probably thinks a goal getter isn't necessarily a necessity considering how we've shared them around.

I would also expect c 3/4 goals each from Murphy/March and maybe a couple from Skalak between now and the end of the season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Ross McCormack returning to Fulham on loan for remainder of season.
Left out of AVFC squad at late notice today.
Birmingham Mail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here