H - Reading
A - Forest
H - Derby

6 Defeats
A - Leeds
A - Norwich

AND THE 'WHO CARES' GAME AS IT'S DONE AND DUSTED
A - Villa

Plastic sheets on my bed tonight just in case.

That'll be 97 points plus whatever we get at Villa........

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Thanks for your comment - it actually makes you the dork rather than me, though. Some of us were very worried quite early on in Hyypia's regime, but are not complaining now. Those (and I don't like the use of the term 'lickers' either) people who liked to bleat 'Bedwetters' at every opportunity suddenly disappeared off NSC a long time ago - or at least stopped bleating it (I wonder why!) - and so it's pretty pathetic to try and resurrect the derogatory term now.

'Lickers' and 'Bedwetters' - a very sad chapter in NSC's history; best left dead and buried.

Are you bedwetting because of a thread about bedwetters, or are you bedwetting because you think the use of the term bedwetting was finished with?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are you bedwetting because of a thread about bedwetters, or are you bedwetting because you think the use of the term bedwetting was finished with?

Actually, bedwetting still seems a popular debating epithet among Leavers posting on the Brexit thread. The most intellectual of them used it only the other day. I'm still wringing out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think if you read my post more carefully you will find that I'm anything but bedwetting. The notion that those of us who were very concerned about the way things were going two years ago were 'bedwetters' has been seriously debunked. The term 'bedwetter' is, I think, not in such general use on NSC now, though it seems there are a few who still childishly cling to it, but why you should appear to think that such childish behaviour should cause me to wet the bed is quite beyond understanding.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
have a good moan after the game if you really have to, but get behind the team, thick or thin, as long as they're giving it their all.

The bit in bold is so key for me. I can never ever understand having a go at players when they are giving 100%. It's so illogical. If they're not putting a shift in then perhaps it's fair enough to have a bit of a moan, whereas if a player is giving 100% but just doesn't quite have the quality, then complaining at them makes ZERO sense.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think if you read my post more carefully you will find that I'm anything but bedwetting. The notion that those of us who were very concerned about the way things were going two years ago were 'bedwetters' has been seriously debunked. The term 'bedwetter' is, I think, not in such general use on NSC now, though it seems there are a few who still childishly cling to it, but why you should appear to think that such childish behaviour should cause me to wet the bed is quite beyond understanding.

I agree that the term bedwetter is pointless. As was licker which was used at least as often.

What amuses me, and is a sign of the type of person sometimes on each side, is that a lot of people who were negative about Hyypia spent time gloating about how they were right. The next season, when a lot of the same people were negative, there was little gloating from people like me who said we should give Hughton a chance to see how he builds a team and not judge the fact that we hadn't bought 10 players by mid July. Even this summer there was some pessimism and moaning yet few people seem to have brought that up again now we are doing well. By the way, this isn't aimed at you, just a generalisation of people on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here