Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Everybody has the right to be a critic,but constantly harping on about one player borders on the vindictive.If Chris thought he was 'toilet' he wouldn't play him-end of.

This isn't the training ground or the Amex stadium. It's actually a football forum.

And whilst I agree that people shouldn't really be vindictive of any players playing for the club because we need them all to play their part. People on public fans forums is part of football now and it is a very good way of conversing with other fans.

That being the case then we all are entitled to an opinion and some will like some players better than others and that is bourn out when you see the young kids walking up to the matches with all different players names on the backs of their shirts.

I don't like to see players continually slaughtered by fans but we can voice our opinions. You can't simply say because Chris plays him that he is better than others sitting on the bench. Yes he sees him in training and yes he has done his homework on the opposition and he often decides to play Jiri ahead of Jamie or Solly based on these insights.

I don't have that insight which Chris has but that doesn't mean I need to agree with him all the time. An excellent manager he is, I concede and trust him implicitly but I have often said I think both Solly and Jamie are better options but he has the last word because he is the manager and all of us are NOT.

His judgement has taken us to 2nd in the League so we all have to concede his judgement is good. This lofty position is something none of us could have achieved but I still love to be able to have these chats and I do like it that we all have opinions. - Long may it continue

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
LOL - I often never know how to take your responses Trigggaar
That one is a glare for saying he's taken us to second, when he's actually taken us to first, and we're only not there now because a game was postponed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That one is a glare for saying he's taken us to second, when he's actually taken us to first, and we're only not there now because a game was postponed.

Ah got ya Sir

I don't want to rack up the Cardiff points till they are in the bag. Your normally the same

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Ooooh look at you joining the happy clappers, counting the wins before the game.

I firmly believe had the Albion played Cardiff they may well have won, but the knock on effect would have almost definitely been a loss to Fulham.
Keeping the team in it's current second place.

You've changed. :lol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You've not been a Brighton fan for long, have you?

Albion fans have always needed someone to moan about, while sat in silence.

Inexplicably both Skalak and Bong are teetering on the edge of boodom.
Friday night and ***shock horror*** back to back defeats could be the final straw for the silent majority.

JCL,only 50 years on Friday!I mainly watch Albion on the box,so perhaps some of the close-up action lets me see different things.As soon as Jiri gets the ball you see him look around,if no pass is available he'll try to draw a foul (and I think he's bloody good at it).Wonder how many free kicks he gets per game?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah got ya Sir

I don't want to rack up the Cardiff points till they are in the bag. Your normally the same
I'm not racking them up, but I'm also not wanting to deny Chris his achievement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I firmly believe had the Albion played Cardiff they may well have won, but the knock on effect would have almost definitely been a loss to Fulham.
Almost certainly? That's a bit strong.

You've changed. :lol:
Don't worry, I'm still quite reserved about it all. If we lose on Friday those that thought we were good as promoted will have a meltdown.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Almost certainly? That's a bit strong.

Don't worry, I'm still quite reserved about it all. If we lose on Friday those that thought we were good as promoted will have a meltdown.
I'll have a *massive* meltdown if we lose on Friday.

The last 2 visits of massive to the Amex have resulted in one, so I just hope it isn't 3 in a row.

:albion2:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nobody on this board should be to critical of Albion players they all wear blue and white
its just that some Albion player are a little better than others..................just a little mind:wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll have a *massive* meltdown if we lose on Friday.

The last 2 visits of massive to the Amex have resulted in one, so I just hope it isn't 3 in a row.
Don't bloody come!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I was stating this weeks ago, hence starting this thread and my opinion hasn't changed. For the record though I am not a 'boo boy' and actually rated Barnes, never slagging him off. I just don't particularly rate Skalak, an opinion I am entitled too. Others opinions may differ which is fine, that's the beauty of football but I don't need 'sane' supporters to tell me that I don't know what I am talking about.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Yes, I disagreed with that article when I read it earlier.

I think I disagree too. He is indeed inconsistent but I don't think he is "too" inconsistent to warrant a starting spot. March is coming back from injury and has the potential to be an excellent player, but as yet hasn't quite nailed down a starting spot.

Murphy is more interesting and for me is competing with Skalak - he is certainly very consistent and dependable, but sometimes there are games where you just know that his style of running at the fullback threatening to cut inside isn't going to be effective. It is those games where Skalak can win a game with his delivery, even if he does little else all game - Norwich is the obvious example of this. One thing I do tire of is hearing how Skalak doesn't work hard enough because he clearly does as far as I'm concerned. He worked his nuts off in the Fulham home game even though he had a shite first half, yet people on here were using his work-rate as a stick to beat him with rather than other attributes to his game that really weren't working.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think I disagree too. He is indeed inconsistent but I don't think he is "too" inconsistent to warrant a starting spot. March is coming back from injury and has the potential to be an excellent player, but as yet hasn't quite nailed down a starting spot.

Murphy is more interesting and for me is competing with Skalak - he is certainly very consistent and dependable, but sometimes there are games where you just know that his style of running at the fullback threatening to cut inside isn't going to be effective. It is those games where Skalak can win a game with his delivery, even if he does little else all game - Norwich is the obvious example of this. One thing I do tire of is hearing how Skalak doesn't work hard enough because he clearly does as far as I'm concerned. He worked his nuts off in the Fulham home game even though he had a shite first half, yet people on here were using his work-rate as a stick to beat him with rather than other attributes to his game that really weren't working.
This. Thank **** CH chooses who plays.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think he has great dead ball skills, and a decent cross on him as well. He isn't the quickest and can't take on players like Murphy or March, but he does offer something different to what we have. He can strike the ball very well and is a goal threat. He works hard for the team and does a good job. I actually get excited now when we have a free kick or corner.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Why not give Jiri a go in the Baldock role but give him the implicit instruction to SHOOT on sight. He played wide or through the middle for his Czech club.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here