Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Russell

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would people think that Derby would rather sell to Birminhgham than to us? Surely Birmingham are far more of a direct competitor to them this season than we are?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would people think that Derby would rather sell to Birminhgham than to us? Surely Birmingham are far more of a direct competitor to them this season than we are?
Maybe we've moved on to another target ?

The Birmingham rumours seem more current.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hmmm. Alan Nixon of the Sun tweeted that we were trying to sign Russell a couple of weeks ago.

Alan Nixon said Brighton were "keen"/ not the same as "trying to sign". He hasn't reported that we've bid and hasn't mentioned any interest in 2 weeks.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Let's hope this guy drops off our radar quickly, he's average at best and we already have one of those in Skalak.

Agree. He's okay, but another example of not improving on what we have and arguably going backwards slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alan Nixon said Brighton were "keen"/ not the same as "trying to sign". He hasn't reported that we've bid and hasn't mentioned any interest in 2 weeks.
He said we were trying to do a deal with Derby and it would be difficult.

Nevertheless his focus now seems to be on Birmingham signing Russell.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just thinking he maybe more of a winger...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
but no natural wiseman to get the ball into the middle.

_300444_ernie1300.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I reckon we will gamble on someone banging them in in non league who can play sam b role. Danny Rowe at fylde. Everyone is looking for the next Jamie vardy so when he wins us the premier league title next season we can enjoy the film. I don't think he has played in a tag though so not quite as good for the story.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Robbie Keane will sign until the end of the season in my opinion. One of our targets, not surprising as he knows Hughton from Spurs. I can't see Keane waiting until the summer to find a club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here