Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPG for top 10 and required PPG for rest of season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The third place team will have 89 points, with our GD means we only need another 9 points or 3 wins

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Even 6 wins out of 8 would only give Hudds 89 assuming defeats elsewhere. That looks a lot for them if current form is anything to go by. They would need to rally well and immediately to manage that so three wins for us could do it. I still take nothing for granted but I'm enjoying the additional breathing space this evening.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
3 wins and a draw will do it thanks to Wagners bottle jobs.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Very calm on the NS sea tonight and so it should be. Choppy waters encountered at Nottingham and Leeds but spinnaker out while at Amex and full advantage taken.

For all the concern that team Udders are showing some excellent navigation skills, seem to have lost compass lately; over last 10 knots only the JCL team from the Thames have made more ground towards Utopia harbour than the front two, and they will be a good shout for the round robin sail off.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Very calm on the NS sea tonight and so it should be. Choppy waters encountered at Nottingham and Leeds but spinnaker out while at Amex and full advantage taken.

For all the concern that team Udders are showing some excellent navigation skills, seem to have lost compass lately; over last 10 knots only the JCL team from the Thames have made more ground towards Utopia harbour than the front two, and they will be a good shout for the round robin sail off.

The sun being well over the yardarm, you've had more than a couple of tots, haven't you?:mad:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The sun being well over the Tarrant, you've had more than a couple of tots, haven't you?

:lolol: being a sailor,a drop of Rum no doubt...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Win the 3 home games .... then a point from QPR or Wolves I think will do it

Despite everyone believing it would take more I think 90 points with our goal difference will do it.

Would need Hudders to get 20 points out of 24 remaining to get above us

Yoda

English & European
Would be rude of me not to.
Table40.PNG

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I know it's daft to set a target but taking last seasons total of 89 as a benchmark we only need 1 PPG to achieve that.

Newcastle need 1.14
Reading need 2.67
Huddersfield need 2.25

Our worst run of form over 6 games were the first 6 games of the season where we averaged 1.33 PPG, the next worse run of form over 6 games was actually quite recent where we averaged 1.5 PPG.

I can't see us dropping down to relegation form, if Huddersfield fail to win tonight then it gets a whole lot better. A draw sees them needing 2.43 PPG and a loss 2.57

A win sees them still needing 2.14 PPG

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Reading seem like more of a danger at present - two tough away games next for them at Norwich and Villa - and also four remaining away from home.

Rotherham and Wigan at home with Forest and Burton away too - don't look too much like trouble - but I feel their visits to Carrow Road and Villa Park coupled with ours to QPR and Wolves will be the key. The points advantage we have right now plus the huge goal difference should see us home without needing the last day nail biting at Villa.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting how little change there has been in the top of the table since this thread started. Except for Birmingham plummeting under Zola!
Everything indicates that clubs will maintain a level of consistency over the run-in which is another indicator that we are more likely than not to achieve our target.
If we continue as we have then 95 points is achievable but even a slip to our worst run of form will take us to 92 points.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hopefully QPR and Wolves will both be mentally on their holidays now they've both reached the 'magic 50' mark.

Fortunately, QPR were chasing the game last night and, hopefully in the process, sapping their energy levels, while we were taking a stroll in the park for the last 35 minutes.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Interesting to look at second half of season table to see that Albion and Newcastle have maintained good form overall but it is much closer - only Huddersfield have really shone through. Wonder how many folk would guess that Burton have done better than Villa who had a terrible run before recent pick up.

(NB stattos might note is it in not exactly second half for all teams but positions worked out on PPG rather than points):

Capture.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here