Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis being released on a free

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thanks for letting me know that again. It's been nearly half an hour since I was told and I was beginning to forget!

The song was written by Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman who wrote a string of hits for various artists but never for Elvis. That and the fact Elvis died 3 years after the song was released!!!!

With such a bad memory....................what was I saying?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The sooner he slings his hook the better, then we can finally be rid of the endlessly recycled, desperately weak Elvis puns.

It really is the most pathetic attempt at 'comedy' by some posters is it not? I can only assume those that put Elvis puns on here also laugh along to Mrs.Brown's boys and Miranda such is their level of comedy.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
It really is the most pathetic attempt at 'comedy' by some posters is it not? I can only assume those that put Elvis puns on here also laugh along to Mrs.Brown's boys and Miranda such is their level of comedy.

The main reason I want shot of Manu isn't because he's bobbins - it's because of the instant stream of Elvis puns on here every time he's mentioned.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Don't be cruel.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Assuming that was an intended Elvis pun, that song was actually by Mud, the singer being Les Gray, not Elvis who never sang it. Although some Youtube clips are wrongly attributing the track to Elvis.
True , but i think it was intended to be an Elvis impersonation by Les Grey and Mud ...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Toko
Monakana
Chicksen
O'grady
Colunga
Battapiedi
Baz
Pretty much everyone we've signed for the dev squad.....

How does a player not comming through from the DS make them a failure? No real expectations on them and have been released by other clubs. If one in 20 comes off it will be worth it small wages for a small risk.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
How does a player not comming through from the DS make them a failure? No real expectations on them and have been released by other clubs. If one in 20 comes off it will be worth it small wages for a small risk.

Theres a huge difference between not coming through and disappearing off the face of the earth.

No expectation - Harper (the kid from Madrid) was given a huge fanfare when he arrived, but he can't even get in the DS team any more, he is always on the bench. Hambo (the Finish Zlatan) hasn't kicked a ball in a year. Roland Bergkamp - they were selling shirts in the club shop with his name on the back!!!!! There was huge expectation from these players alone.

Akindayini, Maksimenko, Fenelon etc... the list is endless. The only players that make it are the ones who rarely played for the DS and were chucked in to the first team, Goldson and Ince. Anyone that plays more than a couple of games goes backwards.

The point was that at least Manu made the first team and got on the scoresheet, so can't be classed as big a failure as the players above, in my opinion.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

Well I love the puns (not the puns themselves just the fact that Elvis threads descend into them). I hate Mrs.Brown's boys and Miranda. Just Imagine if we ever signed Aaron Lennon as a replacement.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Theres a huge difference between not coming through and disappearing off the face of the earth.

No expectation - Harper (the kid from Madrid) was given a huge fanfare when he arrived, but he can't even get in the DS team any more, he is always on the bench. Hambo (the Finish Zlatan) hasn't kicked a ball in a year. Roland Bergkamp - they were selling shirts in the club shop with his name on the back!!!!! There was huge expectation from these players alone.

Akindayini, Maksimenko, Fenelon etc... the list is endless. The only players that make it are the ones who rarely played for the DS and were chucked in to the first team, Goldson and Ince. Anyone that plays more than a couple of games goes backwards.

The point was that at least Manu made the first team and got on the scoresheet, so can't be classed as big a failure as the players above, in my opinion.

Comparing a player who cost £1m+ fee to kids who came here on a free or a very minimal fee. Talk about comparing apples and pears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here