Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis being released on a free

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Adds more fuel to the fire that a deal has been reached for Baldock II.

You've calmed down from your palpitations over the past few months :wink:
You may come back to me if Baldock pulls a hamstring (or something similar) at Birmingham, QPR or Cardiff. Which is another way of saying: only three more games to go.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Your online persona is better than in 'real' life?
PS WJM has been in great form of late

Its very much the same I think typical Scottish sense of humour with a chip on my shoulder occasionally but for the most part can laugh it off- The belated CC (once of BHA) now of AV used to call me RCN (Rab C Nesbit)

BTW who is WJM - Did you mean JM ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its very much the same I think typical Scottish sense of humour with a chip on my shoulder occasionally but for the most part can laugh it off- The belated CC (once of BHA) now of AV used to call me RCN (Rab C Nesbit)

BTW who is WJM - Did you mean JM ?

Aye to W/JM
There was a great joke spoken in the Commons the other day, which said that when Teresa May put FO next to Boris' name, that was meant as an instruction rather than a job offer. I speculated greatly about what CC did at the Albion, but I now invoke that instruction for him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Aye to W/JM
There was a great joke spoken in the Commons the other day, which said that when Teresa May put FO next to Boris' name, that was meant as an instruction rather than a job offer. I speculated greatly about what CC did at the Albion, but I now invoke that instruction for him.

What instruction is that then? - Yes Jamie has played well and I am pleased to see it. I thought he was going to drift out of the squad early season when he was playing in the Cap One cup games but he has come back strong

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry to be pedantic but my understanding is that he's not being 'released on a free'...? Shame we're not going to recoup some of this money though. The one bad signing of last Summer and probably the last 15 months or so, so can't moan too much.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Following a frustrating season, which has been limited to just 28 minutes of first team action, Brighton, the player and his representatives met last week for talks. The outcome of the meeting was conclusive: Manu needs to find a new club in January.

Speaking to Voetbal International, Manu said, “It was a good conversation, the club understands my situation and said that I should be free [to leave the club]. The good news: no one has to pay anything. I can go for free.”

When asked about possible destinations Manu was unequivocal, he wants a return to the Eredivisie. He said, “I have shown it at Feyenoord and Cambuur. I’ve even proven in Europe that I can play, a return to the Netherlands would be good for my career.”

Therefore, Manu’s agent has contacted clubs but there is no firm interest yet, but the player remains hopeful of attracting a team in January. He told VI, “I am fit. I train twice a day. Moreover, I have played games in the second team and I train for myself. I’m still eager.”

Following a previous successful spell at Feyenoord, thoughts naturally turn to the chances of re-signing for the Rotterdam club once again. However, this seems like a long shot and Manu just wants to focus on playing, that is his most important aim.

The player acknowledges this adding “I’m not openly applying for a place at Feyenoord. In the Netherlands, they know what I can do. I am now 23 years old and just want to play every week. I want to show that I am not forgotten the next six months.

http://www.football-oranje.com/manu-told-can-leave-brighton-january/

There is absolutely no chance of this happening. I'm not even sure we'd take him at ADO Den Haag. The sooner we let go the better. He's on big wages too.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry to be pedantic but my understanding is that he's not being 'released on a free'...? Shame we're not going to recoup some of this money though. The one bad signing of last Summer and probably the last 15 months or so, so can't moan too much.

I don't think he is that bad a player and with a decent run in the side would improve. I think we just improved quicker as a side than anyone could have anticipated and he just couldn't keep up with the competition for places at the club he came up against

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's been rarely on my mind. . . .

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
MY BOY this is big news. I reckon he may go to the MLSfor a bit of an AMERICAN TRILOGY or will he be put off by THE COLD KENTUCKY RAIN?I guess now he wont play a part in firing us to the PROMISED LAND of the premier league so theres an nothing left to do but go our SEPARATE WAYS. I won't be CRYING IN THE CHAPEL over this one. Looks like the club aint hanging around and he's on the FRANKFURT SPECIAL out of here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here