Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis being released on a free

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Theres a huge difference between not coming through and disappearing off the face of the earth.

No expectation - Harper (the kid from Madrid) was given a huge fanfare when he arrived, but he can't even get in the DS team any more, he is always on the bench. Hambo (the Finish Zlatan) hasn't kicked a ball in a year. Roland Bergkamp - they were selling shirts in the club shop with his name on the back!!!!! There was huge expectation from these players alone.

Akindayini, Maksimenko, Fenelon etc... the list is endless. The only players that make it are the ones who rarely played for the DS and were chucked in to the first team, Goldson and Ince. Anyone that plays more than a couple of games goes backwards.

The point was that at least Manu made the first team and got on the scoresheet, so can't be classed as big a failure as the players above, in my opinion.

Manu was signed for the first team. All the other plywrs listed are gambles for the future. The amount of young players who make it is a tiny. However a lot of ds players now have played proffessionally. Rea, kasim, rodgers, Bradley Barry, dickenson and barker to name the first few off the top and f my head, as well as March, JFC and Ince as well as Walton. So to see these signimgs as a failure shows your lack of understanding as to what the DS is meant for.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The car was spotted speeding at more than 30mph on the A270........I guess this a 20 mile an hour zone??? A little vague but doesn't sound like the worst car crime ever!!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So as well as giving away for free a player who apparently cost us over £1M, now somebody'll have to drive him there as well! It just gets worse.......................

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The car was spotted speeding at more than 30mph on the A270........I guess this a 20 mile an hour zone??? A little vague but doesn't sound like the worst car crime ever!!!!

The ban isn't for the speed he was going for, but instead his refusal to state who was driving the car at the time. If it was him and he admitted it, he would probably have had 3 points on his licence and a small fine, so more stupidity on his part!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

I assumed they meant more than 30mph over the speed limit. Classic Argus crap journalism.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Brighton and Ghanaian striker Elvis Manu says the decision by Dutch side Go Ahead Eagles to cancel his contract for supporting his former club was harsh and unnecessary.

More>>>>http://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/on...-elvis-manu-slams-dutch-side-for-sacking-him#

Probably trying to find an excuse to get rid of him asap rather than fess up as to how in God's name they took the bloke in the first place. His head is completely the wrong place, which probably explains why his body is very often the nearest to that of the opposing keeper.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Probably trying to find an excuse to get rid of him asap rather than fess up as to how in God's name they took the bloke in the first place. His head is completely the wrong place, which probably explains why his body is very often the nearest to that of the opposing keeper.

Too true, he'll probably end up playing for Whitehawk :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here