Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you "tip" at Christmas ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No, I have to tip all the f***ing time here.

That used to annoy me when I lived in Toronto. No, grabbing me one beer does not mean you deserve a tip.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
No tips from me, they are working & getting paid why should I give them any extra? Besides, my postman changes from one week to the next and don't get me started on the jobsworth bin men who despite seeing my bin on my driveway 4-5 feet away won't walk those few feet to collect it if I dare forget to wheel it onto the pavement - tossers. I don't get why certain professions are deemed worthy of tipping and others not?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Gave binman tenner the other day, they seemed really chuffed I don't think people do these days. Tried to give postman earlier but he was gone so damned fast I couldn't! Must be working very hard! Will try again tomorrow :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No tips from me, they are working & getting paid why should I give them any extra? Besides, my postman changes from one week to the next and don't get me started on the jobsworth bin men who despite seeing my bin on my driveway 4-5 feet away won't walk those few feet to collect it if I dare forget to wheel it onto the pavement - tossers. I don't get why certain professions are deemed worthy of tipping and others not?
Most professions don't come to my house daily though, in all weathers. And well, it's just nice if you can because it's Xmas. What it's all about, being generous and nice. If you can't then fair enough. But if you're "just because..." that's based on some warped principle then really that's not exactly in the spirit of. Plenty of millionaires be thinking similarly I know but I'd rather be me than sit counting my dough saying 'I never get tipped so I don't see why anyone else should blah blah.' Bah humbug!! ;)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here