Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you "tip" at Christmas ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No, I have to tip all the f***ing time here.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I don't tip unless totally necessary all year so I am not about to start at Christmas, we have no paperboy or milkman, the postman often put other people's letters through my letterbox and elastic bands all over my steps and the dustman leaves rubbish behind that I sweep away, taxi drivers try to go the longest route unless I tell them and even then drive very slowly until they drop off and then drive around like madmen not giving way and pulling out in front of you, so they can do one as well.
I don't really believe in tipping anyway unless someone goes beyond the call of duty.
This includes America which has caused a few problems in the past but I hold my ground and hope they don't shoot me.

Dickens wrote that book Scrooge based on you fffffsake

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In forty two years and a few thousand customers I've only been tipped half a dozen times.
I have one fella that tips us every year.
A true gent!
Everyone else ---- we will get over it 😁 or charge you more :moo:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I don't tip unless totally necessary all year so I am not about to start at Christmas, we have no paperboy or milkman, the postman often put other people's letters through my letterbox and elastic bands all over my steps and the dustman leaves rubbish behind that I sweep away, taxi drivers try to go the longest route unless I tell them and even then drive very slowly until they drop off and then drive around like madmen not giving way and pulling out in front of you, so they can do one as well.
I don't really believe in tipping anyway unless someone goes beyond the call of duty.
This includes America which has caused a few problems in the past but I hold my ground and hope they don't shoot me.

do dogs crap outside your house?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So what's the criteria for tipping then ? Why the postman but not the cashier at your local supermarket ?

Me, I tip waiting staff, my cleaner and sometimes taxi drivers. That's about it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No tipping at Christmas, it would only cause them extra paperwork anyway, as they would need to declare the tips to HMRC and pay tax on the tips.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Tip the paperboy. He's the only one that bothers going the extra mile to do a good job, Even if it's bucketing rain, I get a dry paper.

Postman - Never the same bloke week to week.

Used to tip the Bin men when they had to fetch the bin from the side of the house. Carried on even when I had to wheel the damn thing out and back and pick up the bits that had missed the back of the lorry. Stopped the first time the bin wasn't emptied due to some minor infraction of 'the rules'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't tip tradesmen or delivery drivers for takeaways.
Don't tip the postman because they change too much.

Do tip the bin men because they never fail to collect and if I'm late they will stop when they drive past.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't tip post men or bin men - they are in full time employment. Little baffled by it to be honest. I do tip the paperboy and takeaway drivers though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here