Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic signings in January

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alex Alegria, let's take a punt on another Spanish bargain
Now look what you've done.

All I want is for the Albion to sign Real Betis' dutch centre half Ryan Donk.

"Donk to Dunk, back to Donk, Dunk again, quick pass to Donk...

...hours of fun.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't rule it out.
I guess I'm basing my point on our recent track record with Premier club loanees and BG running around screaming David Nugent.
Hidden away playing for Man Utd or Liverpool's youth team with a league cup run out appears not to be good preparation for twice a week championship football.

Plus the recent deals (and balance sheet) would suggest a 'do it once do it properly' approach, and we've got to think this one deal is the one that has to be right.

I would think Nugent is more realistic than Hogan or Wells simply because there is no guarantee that either could survive in The Premier and would be double the price of Nugent. to do the same job get us promoted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll throw a name into the mix - Arouna Kone of Everton.

6 months left on his contract, played only 4 times this season so not getting any game-time, a former Wigan player and relic of the Martinez era so not Koeman's signing and 33 years old, yet he banged in a Prem hat-trick barely a year ago vs Sunderland and would surely be looking for first-team football and a chance to win a 2-year deal.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Ulloa on loan from Leicester (as he's 4th choice there) ?

Can see this happening now. He was not even in the match day squad to face City at the weekend. The only Prem teams that would be interested in him would be those in a relegation fight, and Leicester would not want to strengthen any of their relegation battle rivals.

Loan move to the Championship might be on the cards. Then again, he might just stay at Leicester.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Leicester are going to need all their players if they are going to go on a champions league cup run so Ulloa is out of the question .

The only one mentioned on here that I would want is Hogan. He is in form and proving he can score at this level. Whether or not we would be able to get him in , is another question

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

6 months left on his contract, played only 4 times this season so not getting any game-time, a former Wigan player and relic of the Martinez era so not Koeman's signing and 33 years old, yet he banged in a Prem hat-trick barely a year ago vs Sunderland and would surely be looking for first-team football and a chance to win a 2-year deal.
Hard to imagine the club going back to Everton after this Summer fiasco.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Hughton has history with him too. He was VERY close to signing for him at Norwich a few years ago. Not sure what snagged the deal, but it was certainly on the cards.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Not a bad shout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here