Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic signings in January

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Purely as an example and not suggesting it would happen but could we sign somebody like Robbie Keane and put him on the bench for Fulham

Leave is not going to finish his career sat on the bench and helping us get promotion. He has no link to the club whatsoever. He is after one last challenge. That will be going to China on massive wages or joining his home club shamrock rivers. According to all bookmakers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is although the defending in that clip is Sunday League - absolutely atrocious, he would not get those chances in the Championship.

I wonder how many wannabe Premier League clubs are looking at him.
The club won't be buying a player for 4 months.

A striker's for 3 years, not just January.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He is although the defending in that clip is Sunday League - absolutely atrocious, he would not get those chances in the Championship.

I wonder how many Championship clubs are looking at him.

Agreed. Like any prospective signing from the lower divisions you are always taking a risk.

Some come off, some don't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tex and a quality Prem League loan striker please

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Agree - looks like he could be the no 10 we've been looking for. Must be on the radar? + we have a good history of recruiting forwards from BR!!

And Bristol Rovers are looking for a competitive midfielder - and quite like the look of Richie Towell. Deal to be done there possibly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My head is aching from this question irrespective of who the signing may be would they be eligible to play against Fulham. Forget whose place they could or would take as that is totally immaterial would they be eligible to play. What is the rule?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My head is aching from this question irrespective of who the signing may be would they be eligible to play against Fulham. Forget whose place they could or would take as that is totally immaterial would they be eligible to play.
We have to sign someone first !

22 1/2 hours until kick off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My head is aching from this question irrespective of who the signing may be would they be eligible to play against Fulham. Forget whose place they could or would take as that is totally immaterial would they be eligible to play. What is the rule?

Rules are on the internet.......

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#JdL1gZF8cmV7kqck.99

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Wish I had as little to think about. It is all irrelevant so put the paracetamol back in the cupboard and be patient. Any signing from 0001 this morning would at most be on bench so why worry yourself? The rule is simply to get the player registered, which would depend on whether anyone is at the end of the fax machine, and a that is not a question that taxes too many of us. Join the club and relax.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear god, anyone would think the team was ravaged by injury, down to the bare bones, starting a couple of under 23's with a bench full of under 18's.

Tony could right now be dotting the I's on Messi's contract and he still wouldn't start v Fulham.

All unforeseen circumstances (an injury to Baldock) need to be covered before Wednesday, Friday 20th.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Dear god, anyone would think the team was ravaged by injury, down to the bare bones, starting a couple of under 23's with a bench full of under 18's.

Tony could right now be dotting the I's on Messi's contract and he still wouldn't start v Fulham.

All unforeseen circumstances (an injury to Baldock) need to be covered before Wednesday, Friday 20th.

You heard here first folks. This transfer open season is going to get Messi:lolol:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
For the 37th time I've mentioned him, this is the man we need to sign:

[video]http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-r-vs-afc-wdon/358940[/video]

You are only a few ahead of me. This boy will make it in any League. Amazed he signed new contract with Rovers last summer. Seen him a few times at Mem and he is class. Could be another Will Hoskins but reckon he would be closer to BZ.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rules are on the internet.......

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#JdL1gZF8cmV7kqck.99

Thanks I am glad somebody understood my point. I would think the FL would have somebody working this morning to check any movements. Not that it affects us but it does Sheff Wed who have signed McManaman from West Brom on loan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here