Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic signings in January

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If signed just after midnight tonight would the player be eligible for the game at Fulham that is assuming the FL office has somebody working tomorrow on e mails or faxes.

Why would we play someone who hasn't trained with the squad? We are hardly desperate for players.

SkyBet now has Frank Lampard at 2/1 to join us...

https://twitter.com/SkyBet/status/808263209224376320

I think it would be a massive mistake to bring Lampard in. It would upset our existing central midfield, and maybe the camaraderie in the squad. Stevens is playing well. Sidwell was playing great, and Norwood has found his feet in the team now, he had a cracking game against QPR. With Kayal due to return any minute, why do we need Lampard?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think it would be a massive mistake to bring Lampard in. It would upset our existing central midfield, and maybe the camaraderie in the squad. Stevens is playing well. Sidwell was playing great, and Norwood has found his feet in the team now, he had a cracking game against QPR. With Kayal due to return any minute, why do we need Lampard?

I don't think you need to worry about that one.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
famous last words, never ever, ever tempt fate....

last year same position and we let a 2 nil lead slip and the wheels fell off, there is a long way to go and we will go on a losing run, its just when, how long and will others capitalize ??

In the absence of any Seagulls action this weekend, I trolled the highlights of our games this season. I reminded myself that the performances in the last three months have been pretty solid. However, in amongst them were Reading, PNE and Brentford, The glass is still two thirds full for me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it was agreed with the selling club or he was a free agent he could have had a weeks training with us pre Christmas or since our last game with QPR.
Perhaps it's more like this:
"If it was agreed with the selling club ......it wasn't......... or he was a free agent ......he wasn't........ he could have had a weeks training with us pre Christmas or since ..........he didn't...................... our last game with QPR" ..........and he won't come unless we get his mate Michael Owen too......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps it's more like this:
"If it was agreed with the selling club ......it wasn't......... or he was a free agent ......he wasn't........ he could have had a weeks training with us pre Christmas or since ..........he didn't...................... our last game with QPR" ..........and he won't come unless we get his mate Michael Owen too......

Depending on who if any player is involved. If somebody from Europe its probably from a team whose league dont play over Christmas

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would we play someone who hasn't trained with the squad? We are hardly desperate for players.

Beat me to it Driver8. We are on a roll. We need to replace Manu in case something happens to our main 3 strikers. If it's not broke, don't fix it!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The window doesn't open until the 3rd...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watford are considering a move to bring Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury, 26, back to the club. (Watford Observer)

Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez, 25, will stay at the Bernabeu, according to his father. (AS, via Diez)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
For the 37th time I've mentioned him, this is the man we need to sign:

[video]http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-r-vs-afc-wdon/358940[/video]

He is banging them in for fun.

Maybe he is worth a cheeky offer.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
For the 37th time I've mentioned him, this is the man we need to sign:

[video]http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-r-vs-afc-wdon/358940[/video]

Agree - looks like he could be the no 10 we've been looking for. Must be on the radar? + we have a good history of recruiting forwards from BR!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here