Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic signings in January

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lampard can feck right off.....i think someone like keane or crouch is what we need ....someone who can pitch in with 12-15 goals and cover for muzz if he gets injured , don't need anyone unsettling the team...got enough midfielders and defenders imho....???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This from the Bamba article in The Argus:

Warnock believes Albion have a better team than Newcastle but he still expects Chris Hughton to add a striker in January.

"Brighton are the best team all-round," he said. "I think Newcastle have got the biggest squad and more individuals but I think Brighton is the best team.

"Right-back captain (Bruno) is fantastic. They've got choice in midfield and then up front they've got Glenn Murray. Probably my biggest mistake at Palace was letting him go. We had a laugh about that when we played a few weeks ago!

"I think Chris Hughton will buy another top striker in January. I think he needs something a little bit different as well. I say that because one of our targets they're after as well."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apologies for not going all through this thread but has that young Charlton midfielder been mentioned? He played a blinder against us at the Amex last season and then he was their best player against us at the Valley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apologies for not going all through this thread but has that young Charlton midfielder been mentioned? He played a blinder against us at the Amex last season and then he was their best player against us at the Valley.

He has already gone to a Championship club I think, QPR maybe? Assuming we are talking about the same player. Has attitude apparently

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The one that is close to agreeing personal terms with Everton for 11 million you mean?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to BBC Sport Berbatov wants to return to England for 1 last season. Could he do a BZ for us? He says he thinks he could still cut it in The Premier. Carlos Tevez signed for Gus in a £40m deal including £310 k per week wages,

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Berbatov on a freebie would be interesting , would CH allow his previous track record of not tracking back , classy player ,35 years old but would still bag at least 10 before the end of the season .

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Ah. Thanks for the quick response. I'm bloody useless at names of pretty much all non-Albion players.

I think you are talking about two different players? Jordan Cousins went from Charlton to QPR (though we were linked with him at one stage).

Lookman is the winger who is supposedly going to Everton but who lots of people here have admired.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The one that is close to agreeing personal terms with Everton for 11 million you mean?

I think you are talking about two different players? Jordan Cousins went from Charlton to QPR (though we were linked with him at one stage).

Lookman is the winger who is supposedly going to Everton but who lots of people here have admired.

Yes, you're both right. I mean Lookman. Not surprised that the top clubs are interested in him, he's a great prospect and looked very sharp in the games I saw him playing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oumar Niasse? I think he was the one we were close to in the Summer before Everton started dicking around.

He could be Elvis mk.II though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
lampard can feck right off.....i think someone like keane or crouch is what we need ....someone who can pitch in with 12-15 goals and cover for muzz if he gets injured , don't need anyone unsettling the team...got enough midfielders and defenders imho....???

You won't agree with this but Leo the lion is who you need. Sadly Leicester probably need him more right now.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Oumar Niasse? I think he was the one we were close to in the Summer before Everton started dicking around.

He could be Elvis mk.II though.
Very risky, all he has going for him is a big price tag, Martinez and koeman hate him

We probably should go the old man tried and tested route. Because if two of our current strikers get injured at the same time now we are in serious trouble.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ivan Santini of Caen. A big 6ft 3in beast. He has scored 8 in 15 this season in Ligue 1 in France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here