Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tactical masterstroke- Norwood for Sidwell

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Did the same job and delivered top notch set pieces, targeting their biggest weakness. A rare tactical selection from Hughton, brilliantly done.

What squad depth. What options throughout the squad. Just one position left to upgrade.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Baldock

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Decent set pieces, but gave the ball away as much as the rest of our side put together. Luckily Leeds were poor and didn't capitalise.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is about the correct decision to put Norwood into the team for set pieces. Duffy should have scored at least once tonight, quality balls in waiting to be put away.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Baldock was fantastic AGAIN tonight. Even won the official Sky MOM. I'm sure you'd have noticed this obviously, as you noticed this other tactical masterstroke.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did the same job and delivered top notch set pieces, targeting their biggest weakness. A rare tactical selection from Hughton, brilliantly done.

What squad depth. What options throughout the squad. Just one position left to upgrade.

Amused me when someone text Radio Sussex prematch ..stating they were switching off as Norwood was playing :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Decent set pieces, but gave the ball away as much as the rest of our side put together. Luckily Leeds were poor and didn't capitalise.

Is the right answer. Decent set piece but for me he offers nothing that JFC doesnt.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Hardly a tactical masterstroke. It's not as if ON came in and have a man-of-the match performance. I'd also argue his free kick delivery could have been better - certainly by keeping the ball on target.

In short, good to see CH mixing it up and keeping the squad fresh but not a tactical masterstroke by any means.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Baldock was fantastic AGAIN tonight. Even won the official Sky MOM. I'm sure you'd have noticed this obviously, as you noticed this other tactical masterstroke.

Agreed - absolutely superb.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seriously? His range of passing is much better. What he does matters, he can play in a 2 because he is involved enough. JFC can't impose himself in a 3, let alone in a 2.

He gave the ball away a huge number of times today, in risky positions on two occasions. A better side would've punished us for that. Decent at dead balls but our 4th best CM by some way.

Meanwhile Baldock was utterly different gravy, good to see Sky were paying attention.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He gave the ball away a huge number of times today, in risky positions on two occasions. A better side would've punished us for that. Decent at dead balls but our 4th best CM but some way.

Meanwhile Baldock was utterly different gravy.

This.

Some of the runs that Baldock makes to drag defenders out of position are incredible. His work rate is also brilliant. He's also playing with a level of confidence this year which is finally demonstrating why we signed him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He gave the ball away a huge number of times today, in risky positions on two occasions. A better side would've punished us for that. Decent at dead balls but our 4th best CM by some way.

Meanwhile Baldock was utterly different gravy, good to see Sky were paying attention.
No, he didn't. He played a number of good, attacking passes. Sometimes they won't come off but it's better to try those passes than keep it for keeping it sake.

The set pieces were good, and we should have scored from them. He isn't at fault for Duffy not putting them away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, he didn't. He played a number of good, attacking passes. Sometimes they won't come off but it's better to try those passes than keep it for keeping it sake.

The set pieces were good, and we should have scored from them. He isn't at fault for Duffy not putting them away.

You're literally arguing black is white now. He DID give the ball away. More than anyone else. I'm not even talking about good attacking passes with half of them, some were relatively straight forward and in our own half.

The Baldock thing is becoming REALLY childish now too. Can you just man up and acknowledge he had a superb game? Better than just continuing to dig yourself into a deeper and deeper hole mate...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You're literally arguing black is white now. He DID give the ball away. More than anyone else. I'm not even talking about good attacking passes with half of them, some were relatively straight forward and in our own half.

The Baldock thing is becoming REALLY childish now too. Can you just man up and acknowledge he had a superb game? Better than just continuing to dig yourself into a deeper and deeper hole mate...
No, I'm not. You said he gave it away leading to dangerous positions, I disagree with that unless you can mention a specific time. Leeds rarely threatened through a combination of not wanting to risk being picked off and wanting to keep it tight for a late surge for a draw.

Baldock was MOM against Fulham, he contributed to that game. He was not the MOM tonight for scuffing shots, half heartedly chasing Green down and running into positions he can't get the ball. My expectation is higher than that, but this team can carry him. Doesn't mean he can't be replaced with significantly better quality. Bong has played well but you could see tonight we had a better player in reserve. We don't for Baldock, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be replaced if we can in january.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here