The massive Leeds

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
still in a huff over the pump house
regards
DR

Was out the Friday evening of the 2-2 game the day they invaded the pitch at the Goldstone,the North emptied rather quickly,still Leeds had almost 5000 that day,anyway Leeds were more than given the run around along the seafront in various battles involving 200 a side.. was only young then (with mates in the amusements on the pier) and not involved but it looked like an ebb and flow going on.

Glad to sea the North stood their ground a few weeks later vs a very noisy large Stoke contingent invaded on the final day of their relegation.

Jan 30, 2008
Was out the Friday evening of the 2-2 game the day they invaded the pitch at the Goldstone,the North emptied rather quickly,still Leeds had almost 5000 that day,anyway Leeds were more than given the run around along the seafront in various battles involving 200 a side.. was only young then (with mates in the amusements on the pier) and not involved but it looked like an ebb and flow going on.

Glad to sea the North stood their ground a few weeks later vs a very noisy large Stoke contingent invaded on the final day of their relegation.
Stoke drinking in the Brewers arms in Lewes that day on an invite :facepalm:
regards
DR

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think Simmo Says has every right to mention on it here, being that it is our fans forum. Whether you like what he says or not he was just saying what happened to him at the game. If the reaction to his post is because of some underlying argument, then I can't comment because I don't know about it. But from my point of view I didn't read that he did anything out of order, he just took exception to Leeds fans in our end. I know there's two sides to that debate and it's been talked about on here recently, but whatever side you're on, personally I'd rather see our fans stick together, rather than turn on each other.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think Simmo Says has every right to mention on it here, being that it is our fans forum. Whether you like what he says or not he was just saying what happened to him at the game. If the reaction to his post is because of some underlying argument, then I can't comment because I don't know about it. But from my point of view I didn't read that he did anything out of order, he just took exception to Leeds fans in our end. I know there's two sides to that debate and it's been talked about on here recently, but whatever side you're on, personally I'd rather see our fans stick together, rather than turn on each other.

Thanks Dad :moo:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whelan reeling after "homophobic tweet" storm

Apologies, not seen anywhere else.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/leedsunited/news/44494/

Former Leeds striker turned pundit Noel Whelan Haa been accused of making homophobic comments on his twitter feed ahead of our defeat at Brighton.

The 41-year-old has become an iconic figure on BBC radio Leeds in recent times. Famed for his passionate "get in" cries when the Whites score, Whelan was notably absent from the commentary box when the Whites beat high flying Reading 2-0 on Tuesday night to move back up to fourth.

At the time of writing is is unknown whether or not Whelan's absence was linked to a story in Tuesday's Daily Mirror where he was accused of posting the following tweet ahead of Leeds' trip to Brighton last Friday night.

“Ok I’m taking a***hole insurance out for one night, this feels all wrong, sleeping back against the wall one eye open.”

Brighton is of course famous for its gay community. Down the years, Seagulls fans have had to ensure derogatory chants from opposition supporters about their town's "pink" presence.

The tweet has since been deleted.

Obviously there is no place in football for such "banter" id you can call it that. You also have to question Whelan's future in broadcasting if he harbours such unacceptable opinions.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Former Leeds striker turned pundit Noel Whelan Haa been accused of making homophobic comments on his twitter feed ahead of our defeat at Brighton.

The 41-year-old has become an iconic figure on BBC radio Leeds in recent times. Famed for his passionate "get in" cries when the Whites score, Whelan was notably absent from the commentary box when the Whites beat high flying Reading 2-0 on Tuesday night to move back up to fourth.

At the time of writing is is unknown whether or not Whelan's absence was linked to a story in Tuesday's Daily Mirror where he was accused of posting the following tweet ahead of Leeds' trip to Brighton last Friday night.

“Ok I’m taking a***hole insurance out for one night, this feels all wrong, sleeping back against the wall one eye open.”

Brighton is of course famous for its gay community. Down the years, Seagulls fans have had to ensure derogatory chants from opposition supporters about their town's "pink" presence.

Obviously there is no place in football for such "banter" id you can call it that. You also have to question Whelan's future in broadcasting if he harbours such unacceptable opinions.

Blimey, that's a shock. I actually enjoyed listening to his views on the Leeds/Villa game on the way back from Cardiff.

araucaria

Dec 14, 2016

The 41-year-old has become an iconic figure on BBC radio Leeds in recent times. Famed for his passionate "get in" cries when the Whites score, Whelan was notably absent from the commentary box when the Whites beat high flying Reading 2-0 on Tuesday night to move back up to fourth

(edit - fifth, their little neighbours are actually fourth).

Obviously there is no place in football for such "banter" if you can call it that. You also have to question Whelan's future in broadcasting if he harbours such unacceptable opinions.

An expert summariser whose main contribution is to yell 'get in' when they score. He surely has a big future in broadcasting.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Looks like his employer should have taken out ******** insurance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably just his phone accidently tweeting while in his pocket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here