Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Lampard - We are 2/1 favourites to be his next club

SAC

May 21, 2014
He was a brilliant player and IMO could do a job for any team in the Championship and probably a number in the PL too, despite his age. However he's likely to want upwards of £100k a week which certainly isn't Championship wages.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was a brilliant player and IMO could do a job for any team in the Championship and probably a number in the PL too, despite his age. However he's likely to want upwards of £100k a week which certainly isn't Championship wages.
Why would he want - or expect - upwards of £100K a week? He's 38 years old and presumably worth £millions. He might just love playing football, and is intelligent enough to realise that he can't play much longer, certainly not at any decent level - and you're a long time retired!
Having said that, I'm still in the 'no thanks' camp - I think he's probably had his day at top Championship level.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its a yes from
as for money ...........................well maybe he just wants to play in a good team and be near home ...........if we sign him he will get us over the line

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Most of the posts on this thread seem to be treating him like he's a tin of beans. But you can't just look at the potential cost and weigh up his qualities (is his undoubted talent now irredeemably compromised by his age, fitness and recent playing experience) and make a decision based solely on that. His personality is just as important. By all accounts and reports the spirit in the squad is fantastically strong; will introducing a marquee signing like Lampard upset that balance? Ditto Jordan Rhodes or any other name pulled out of a hat by rumour-mongers.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Most of the posts on this thread seem to be treating him like he's a tin of beans. But you can't just look at the potential cost and weigh up his qualities (is his undoubted talent now irredeemably compromised by his age, fitness and recent playing experience) and make a decision based solely on that. His personality is just as important. By all accounts and reports the spirit in the squad is fantastically strong; will introducing a marquee signing like Lampard upset that balance? Ditto Jordan Rhodes or any other name pulled out of a hat by rumour-mongers.

There are a lot of differences between Lampard and Rhodes. If it ever happened I'm sure all our squad to a man would learn and benefit from having a player of such experience as Frank in the rank s

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
26434819.gif

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Personally, I think it would be fantastic for the club. He brings a winning mentality, and I'm sure the rest of our midfield would raise their game. Learning from him in training would have to be to their benefit. I'm all for it.

But it won't happen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Would be the end of our flying under the radar, that's for sure. Not sure it's worth it my self.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Gets my vote.....Go on Tony, you're already 200 million in, what's another few on top ! ������

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just seen Frank Lampard in TK Max buying a new suit. Looks like he's getting ready for the contract agreement photos!

If you ain't living life to the Maxx you ain't living. The only place to get your size 12 Converse high tops for £29.99 or less. Oh, and Lampard can do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here