Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 6 play each other this weekend

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Newcastle 1st v Birmingham 5th
Albion 2nd v Leeds 4th
Reading 3rd v Sheff wed 6th
Should be interesting at the top this week, unusual in any league for all 6 teams at the top to be playing each other over one weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon:

Newcastle Birmingham
Albion v Leeds
Reading Sheff wed Draw

And that would be absolutely splendid.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We would have seen off Leeds 3/4 weeks ago but I'm not so sure now. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off before the Int'l break

Other than that Newcastle will breeze past Brum and Reading v Wednesday looks like a draw or marginal Reading win

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be fantastic to bank the 3 points on Friday night, and then relax and watch the points dropped all around us on Saturday.

Come on albion, you know that is an absolutely sound strategy.

:albion2:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think we'll lose a home match sooner or later following a dodgy refereeing decision and NSC will go into meltdown. Hopefully not this week!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I reckon:

Newcastle Birmingham
Albion v Leeds
Reading Sheff wed Draw

And that would be absolutely splendid.

With you all the way on this. I'm not too concerned about Newcastle. It's those behind us that concern me, and this combination of results would leave us eight points clear of Reading (who I suspect won't challenge for a top two place), and ten of Leeds and :lolol:
A Norwich win would leave them nine behind us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Normally I don't like to predict individual matches because everything depends on application by all teams/players involved but based on abilities I would expect 3 fairly comfortable victories for Newcastle. Brighton and Sheff Wed

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got to say for the first time in awhile I'm not optimistic about a match. Leeds are in good form, Monk has got them playing well and we have been underperforming of late. A win on friday would be a very good one indeed should we achieve it.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I think it shows how much of a cut above we are to the rest when we haven't played will in over a month and still pick up results I do think we will step up a bit on Friday as Leeds are in good form I expect a bit more of an open game which should suit us better

Dec 29, 2011
Normally I don't like to predict individual matches because everything depends on application by all teams/players involved but based on abilities I would expect 3 fairly comfortable victories for Newcastle. Brighton and Sheff Wed
Our game vs Leeds will be anything but comfortable. They have quality players and are in good form, plus they like to pack the midfield which always makes us struggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here