Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodgy free online streaming of old tv shows/films

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just found Ian Rankin's Rebus books...don't know why it took so long as they're superb. I wanted to go back to watch the original John Hannah and then Ken Stott's TV series'. Googled and found several streaming companies who promise free viewing. I tried one and it scared the living daylights out of me as suddenly a voice message told me I've been hacked and a virus was implanted. Are their any safe streaming sites or should I leave well alone and buy DVDs?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Just found Ian Rankin's Rebus books...don't know why it took so long as they're superb. I wanted to go back to watch the original John Hannah and then Ken Stott's TV series'. Googled and found several streaming companies who promise free viewing. I tried one and it scared the living daylights out of me as suddenly a voice message told me I've been hacked and a virus was implanted. Are their any safe streaming sites or should I leave well alone and buy DVDs?

Looks like they are all available on YouTube. Also series one available on https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/rebus/watch-online/ ( legitimate site)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Buy a Kodi box ... £35 off Amazon. Plenty of threads on here on how best to use etc. Use mine virtually 100% of time

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Buy a Kodi box ... £35 off Amazon. Plenty of threads on here on how best to use etc. Use mine virtually 100% of time
Thanks for info. Just looked up Amazon and there seems to be many different types. Is this one the best..."NIUBIER Android 5.1 Box TV Fully Loaded -4K Wifi Kodi/XBMC 16.0 Preloaded Streaming box-Watch Movies Sports Cartoons Quad Core 1GB RAM 8GB ROM"

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks for info. Just looked up Amazon and there seems to be many different types. Is this one the best..."NIUBIER Android 5.1 Box TV Fully Loaded -4K Wifi Kodi/XBMC 16.0 Preloaded Streaming box-Watch Movies Sports Cartoons Quad Core 1GB RAM 8GB ROM"

They are all much of a muchness and I wouldn't bother with pre loaded as they come with a load of junk on. I watch all my TV (TV, Movies, Box Sets and Live Sports) using just 5 apps. [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] is an expert he might have a better idea but a quick look and this is the sort of thing you're after although I don't appreciate the differences is so called spec's between any of them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Generation-COOLEAD%C2%AE-Streaming-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B01LWL5C1X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1480940554&sr=8-4&keywords=kodi

They take a little setting up but you don't need to be a geek to do it and if you follow instructions from this bloke

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/kodi-addons/

you can't go wrong

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Try the BBC over Christmas, they normally show 're runs of old tv shows :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A raspberry Pi model B will easily run Kodi and is dead easy to set up. Pick on up off ebay for a few quid.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Rebus is often on the TV, can't remember what channel off hand but Alibi have a couple of episodes to download. Love the Rebus books, have the majority of them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Cox.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here