Best Curry House in Hove

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ganges is fantastic.

Spice Tandoori on old Shoreham Road is also really good.

Is The Ganges still good? As per the other thread I was a regular but felt the quality had dipped when I visited earlier in the year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What was the name of that curry house that was just along the road from the Goldstone?, on the right as you walked up the Old Shoreham Road towards the crossroads where the Hove Park Tavern sits?

And is it still in business?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
What was the name of that curry house that was just along the road from the Goldstone?, on the right as you walked up the Old Shoreham Road towards the crossroads where the Hove Park Tavern sits?

Just had a look on Google Earth...it's called Spice.

Not sure it was called that when I used to visit in the early 80s when I lived just behind the Hove Park Tavern.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

That is now called Spices... it's pretty decent and does a good value set menu deal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just had a look on Google Earth...it's called Spice.

Not sure it was called that when I used to visit in the early 80s when I lived just behind the Hove Park Tavern.

Thanks for that. Yes the early eighties was around the time I started to use it occasionally too before or after games. It definately had another moniker then though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Ashoka's Bangladeshi specials are fantastic. I'm particularly partial to a Garlic Chilli Chicken Bhazzan but the family porcelain isn't so keen. Its standard British Indian dishes are very average though, they must make TONS of that base sauce.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'd like to give a shout-out for the Rajah on the Old Shoreham Road.

Yeah I know it's not in Hove - but we're not likely to have a 'Best Curry House in Southwick' thread are we and this place deserves a mention. Great food and service and one of the waiters is a season ticket holder at the Amex

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here