Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games left for Kazenga to save his BHA career

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I HATE all the negativity on here surrounding Kazenga.

He was CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER OF THE MONTH for August 2015. Yes, that's right. Last year, for a month, he performed consistently better than any other of the c.400 players to make appearances in the Championship. How many other of our players have ever achieved that...??

He continued to be a crucial part of a team/squad that looked good for automatic promotion. Then he got injured.

Competition for places in his position is very hot. When all five are fit then he is a marginal selection but only because we are so strong. We will not go the whole season without picking up injuries/suspension - I would be perfectly happy to see him in action again at The Amex this season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sadly Kaz has IMHO been a bit-part player for the club for quite some time now, injuries or no injuries. Time for both parties to move on?

Until the last month where he's struggled to make the 18 even though he's fit, he's been either a first choice or squad player for the last 5 years.
Which is why he's played 110 games in the Championship for us. So actually he's just been a bit player for the last few weeks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People don't half have short memories on here. He had a blinding start to last season until he inevitably got injured again.

Even with that, I hold my opinion. He has the raw attributes to occasionally look like a top class Championship player. More often than not though I don't think he shows the intelligence. His raw pace and power are far beyond, say, Ashley Barnes. However, despite his interviews, Barnsey is a very naturally intelligent footballer, and that - along with a frankly ridiculous level of determination to make the most of himself - is why Ash is now a Premier League player.

All IMO, of course, and I have nothing against the guy.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Hope he goes to a lesser Championship club and helps them accrue lots of points against our table topping rivals

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Hope he goes to a lesser Championship club and helps them accrue lots of points against our table topping rivals

Yes ,if he did that,its like he is still playing for us,undercover . I am sure CH is astute enough for that little trick .IMO players should not be loaned amongst teams of the same league

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Until the last month where he's struggled to make the 18 even though he's fit, he's been either a first choice or squad player for the last 5 years.
Which is why he's played 110 games in the Championship for us. So actually he's just been a bit player for the last few weeks.

So basically he is very injured and we now have better players since he has been fit. Which is fine.

I don't think Kaz even has 5 games. I think his medium term prospects are pretty weak with us. Thanks for the memories but we move on

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
On his day, he is electrifying and one of the most exciting players to put on the stripes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So basically he is very injured and we now have better players since he has been fit. Which is fine.

I don't think Kaz even has 5 games. I think his medium term prospects are pretty weak with us. Thanks for the memories but we move on

He played more than 30 games for us in both 13/14 and 14/15. Don't mind being realistic about his prospects now which look bleak, and he's had unlucky injuries but he's a) contributed a lot to our teams over the years especially for Oscar and on several occasions played and started long runs of games. ie: a lot more than "5".)

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
In some ways Kaz is similar to Jack Wilshere. His injury record is so bad, he needs to go away and get a run of games. Wilshere has played 4 full games on the spin for the first time in about 5 years. Bearing in mind Kaz is only 25, a move away even to a League 1 club might give him the run of games he needs to get fully match fit. Then he'll have a fair chance to show if he can still cut the mustard following his injuries and work his way back up to Championship level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Do your stats tell us how many of those 110 games Kaz wasn't just thrown on for the last quarter of the game to try and make an impact against tiring defenders?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Stupid way for him to end his career with us by getting sent off for saying something abusive to the assistant referee.

Good luck for the future Kaz, hopefully you can stay injury free and finally settle into a starting eleven.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Do your stats tell us how many of those 110 games Kaz wasn't just thrown on for the last quarter of the game to try and make an impact against tiring defenders?

Out of a possible 157 league games in the past 3 and a half seasons, he has started 35 times and come on as a sub 52 times, producing 8 goals and 8 assists in total, according to WhoScored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here