Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gulity Food Secrets .....

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
KFC & the one thing you southerns find strange is cabbage which is lovely.

Finally why do fish and chip shops not do scraps down here, best thing to have on the top of vinegar soaked chips - everytime I go 'home' I have to have chips with scraps

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
KFC & the one thing you southerns find strange is cabbage which is lovely.

Finally why do fish and chip shops not do scraps down here, best thing to have on the top of vinegar soaked chips - everytime I go 'home' I have to have chips with scraps

Do you mean the pieces of batter left in the fryer?

If so I used to buy a 'pennorth of this from my local chippy Sadlers in Margery Rd Hove in the early sixties. It's probably a health and safety thing now.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Do you mean the pieces of batter left in the fryer?

If so I used to buy a 'pennorth of this from my local chippy Sadlers in Margery Rd Hove in the early sixties. It's probably a health and safety thing now.

Basically yes but I think they also throw in batter as well just to make it. It may be health and safety but its still available ooop North I just never think it became a thing down here

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Basically yes but I think they also throw in batter as well just to make it. It may be health and safety but its still available ooop North I just never think it became a thing down here

Yes you're probably right. It was a by-product rather than a staple down this way and I only remember it as a kid as it was all I could afford.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Doritos, cheese & mango chutney

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
KFC which is according to Royal Marsden Hospital the most unhealthy of the take aways and the most suspect able to bring on salmonella poisoning. The reason being it is chicken kept warm and not served hot or cold

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Take TWO slices of Happy Shopper Pepper Salami, roll up into ONE slice of Happy Shopper Edam/Gouda. Eat. Repeat. See Mr. Shah ('Never Knowingly Underpriced') for further details :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a 46 year old adult I feel by now I really should have moved beyond Dairylea, sadly I haven't.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Bogeys....until I went cold turkey at the age of 10 when i made the declaration, "This is the last bogey i'll ever eat!" while holding aloft said bogey before popping it in my mouth. Since that moment I have never broken that resolution but I wonder if there is anyone on NSC who still partakes of that particular delicacy.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Chip shop haggis - haggis that's been battered and deep fried - with chips so salty it feels like your tongue's been sawed with a rusty carpet knife and proper chippy sauce.

Probably just as well I only eat it on trips back to Embra :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here