Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Odds Tracker

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
to ease the pain of potentially us not being promoted I laid us at 1.38 to get promotion which amounts to me losing £75 if we get promoted and win £200 if we don't of course will be glad to lose the £75!!!
You've paid the £75 up-front right? In which case, what £75? There is no £75.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They haven't been convinced by reading for weeks. When will their form slip?
Yes. They have always strongly preferred Massive and Derby. Impressive shout if turns out right.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes. They have always strongly preferred Massive and Derby. Impressive shout if turns out right.

If you have time, I'd recommend anyone interested in these stats to read the full explanation here - https://experimental361.com/explanations/explanations-e-ratings/

The key seems to be that they assess chances made and quality of defence (for your team and all those you have yet to play) rather than just results. This takes fixture aberrations out of the reckoning. This explains why, despite winning very often, 3-6-1 consistently suggest that Reading are over-indexing and will soon drop off. As Moshe says, they have been tipping Wed and Derby consistently for some time - and I think we're starting to see that prediction develop. All those who tipped Villa to come up on the rails clearly didn't study 3-6-1 - these guys have had them as also rans for a very long time.

What I particularly like (and why I hope their model is robust) is where they have BHA of course!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They haven't been convinced by reading for weeks. When will their form slip?

Good question. And the same could be said for Huddersfield. What unites them both is a new manager with a distinctive style of playing, with Reading possession-based, and Huddersfield energy and the press. I still think managers haven't quite cottoned on to Reading's new approach under Stam, and that the extremely high press will be the way to expose them. Huddersfield might just be the ones to do that, but I'd imagine this is what CH and PT will have in store for them too.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
to ease the pain of potentially us not being promoted I laid us at 1.38 to get promotion which amounts to me losing £75 if we get promoted and win £200 if we don't of course will be glad to lose the £75!!!

I'm trying to get my head round this.

You've accepted a bet as a bookie (exchange) for £200 Brighton to finish 1/2/3 (promotion) @ 1.38

If we finish 4th (after play-off if neccessary) or below then you win £200 less commission.
If we finish 1/2/3 (after play-off if neccessary) then you have liability of £75 to the backer.

Your £75 is currently with the exchange, along with the backers £200 awaiting payout.

Is that correct?

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
I'm trying to get my head round this.

You've accepted a bet as a bookie (exchange) for £200 Brighton to finish 1/2/3 (promotion) @ 1.38

If we finish 4th (after play-off if neccessary) or below then you win £200 less commission.
If we finish 1/2/3 (after play-off if neccessary) then you have liability of £75 to the backer.

Your £75 is currently with the exchange, along with the backers £200 awaiting payout.

Is that correct?
that is correct yes I happen to think we may do it but if not I will win some Wonga and be happy to lose the £75 if u get me

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if we fail to get promotion I win 200 if we get promoted I lose 75 u can back and lay on betfair betting exchange
Have you paid the £75 already?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
no its gets held in your betfair account till the event is finished mate
What's the difference between 'held in you account' and 'paid'? For now, it's gone right? You can't touch it.

so say I have £500 in my account my usable amount is 425 till the event has finished then bet settled hopefully I will be losing 75 quid
Oj, so it's like it's already gone. That's how you should think about it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You like to knock back orange juice :jester:
I just wake up in a pool of piss with empty cartons all around. It's messy, but bloody hell I've had some good times.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

Chap sat next to me v Palace in the play off semi. He said he bet against Albion so he was a winner both ways.just baffles me!! support the club, back the club!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously don't lose sight of the fact that this is just a prediction method, it's not guaranteed:

ch-projections-2017-01-02.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Huddersfield have overtaken Derby and Shefwedlol as our main rival for top two (with Newc).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Obviously don't lose sight of the fact that this is just a prediction method, it's not guaranteed:

ch-projections-2017-01-02.png

I love that site, but I still struggle with how Reading are so low in their rankings. They were 23rd before today, and are now up to the heady heights of 20th!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love that site, but I still struggle with how Reading are so low in their rankings. They were 23rd before today, and are now up to the heady heights of 20th!
They don't cheat. They don't just go oo look, Reading are high up the table, let's give them bonus points - they look at chances created and chances concede etc, and on that basis Reading have been poor, but a bit lucky. Reading the reports of several of their games, that sounds about right.

Not that the model is perfect (none can be), but it is well respected I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here