Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Odds Tracker

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So, it's approx 3/1 that we don't get automatic promotion. Usual price with 2 outcomes, when odds are 1/5 for one. Bookies obviously fancy us :)

Only thing for pretty much certain is that top 2 will be from those 5 teams priced up in that market. Hopefully we are one of them, and confirmed before we play at Villa on May 7th...

Sky quoting 13/2 on us not to be promoted. No wonder we are on live so much. They're pretty confident. Huddersfield Town not to be promoted is 8/15.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Hopefully! [emoji838]⚪

Yeah, I was getting tired of typing, but ended with Derby for comedy purposes. Next in the betting btw is Preston at 40/1. They are 4 points higher than Derby currently, so god knows why they are 2.5 times as less likely than Derby in the bookies eyes?!

Thet dont have Steve "Magic" McLaren !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just checked 'Magic Sign' Ladbrokes promotion market:

Toon - 1/50
BRIGHTON - 1/20
Huddersfield - 5/4
Leeds - 3/1
SW - 7/2
Fulham - 5/1
Reading - 6/1
Norwich - 9/1
Derby - 16/1

I wish I felt as confident as Laddies do about our promotion chances !!

I think I'm going to have to walk back a little of my Derby mocking.

This season they have 47% clean sheets (performing considerably better than this place)
Only conceding 31 goals (to Brighton and Newcastle's 28)
But have amazingly only scored 36 goals.

All those strikers that the No Imagination Crew wanted here, that went to Derby, and they've only scored 36 goals.

:lolol: you couldn't make it up. :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sky quoting 13/2 on us not to be promoted. No wonder we are on live so much. They're pretty confident. Huddersfield Town not to be promoted is 8/15.
Bill Hills offering 11-2 that we'll finsih up in the play off positions.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That sounds an attractive bet to sooth the disappointment. Of course we then go up through the play-offs !!
Don't start mentioning play-offs on here; you'll soon be told that 'we don't do play-offs'. In reality, we'd be favourites having played 5 out of 6 games against the likely opponents, with a record of: W4; D1; L0. Last year was just unprecedented bad luck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't start mentioning play-offs on here; you'll soon be told that 'we don't do play-offs'. In reality, we'd be favourites having played 5 out of 6 games against the likely opponents, with a record of: W4; D1; L0. Last year was just unprecedented bad luck.
I'd be amazed if any team that had been top 2 since almost the beginning of time won promotion through the play-offs.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not being a betting person at all what does it mean... are we still considered a better bet than Huddersfield to go up in auto spot by bookies?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not being a betting person at all what does it mean... are we still considered a better bet than Huddersfield to go up in auto spot by bookies?
To quantify it, they make us about 12x more likely to finish in the top 2.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Duffy is suspected to be out for most of / the rest of the season, now is probably a good time to get your insurance bets on before any news is factored into the prices on offer.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Huddersfield 4/1 to finish top 2.
Leeds are 20/1.
We are still odds on at 2/7.

Keep the faith.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Huddersfield 4/1 to finish top 2.
Leeds are 20/1.
We are still odds on at 2/7.

Keep the faith.

With news of Duffy etc I think Huddersfield are good value. Without p***ing all over the bed or whatever, I'd say realistically it's a 50/50 for us or them.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With news of Duffy etc I think Huddersfield are good value. Without p***ing all over the bed or whatever, I'd say realistically it's a 50/50 for us or them.

Really? We're still ahead of them, and who knows how they will react to 2 consecutive defeats (I know the Cup was a reserve team) and the number of games they have to play. I know we're understandably focussed on BHAFC, but they are under just as much pressure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I said about Leeds on Friday and nobody seemed too bothered - still got to go there - they win their next 3 and will be right on us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here