Cardiff v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Cardiff City Stadium
Date: Saturday 3rd December 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Roger East
Assistants: Mark Scholes, Mark Pottage
Fourth official: John Busby

Cardiff defender Lee Peltier serves a one-match ban following his sending-off in Saturday's 3-1 loss at Aston Villa.

Jazz Richards (foot) is out, so Matthew Connolly is set to deputise at right-back for the Bluebirds.

Second-placed Brighton are aiming to extend their unbeaten run to 13 Championship games.

Winger Kazenga LuaLua is fit after a knee injury, but right-back Liam Rosenior and midfielder Beram Kayal (both ankle) remain sidelined.

Cardiff, 23rd in the table but one point from safety, have lost three of their past four league matches.

Defender Bruno Ecoule Manga will be in the squad despite boss Neil Warnock saying he is set to leave the club in January.

The game will see former Cardiff manager Paul Trollope in the away dug out as assistant to Seagulls boss Chris Houghton, having been replaced by Warnock after just 12 games in charge this season.

ANALYSIS

BBC Sussex's Johnny Cantor: Brighton have bad memories from their last trip to Cardiff in February, which manager Chris Hughton described as the worst performance of his tenure.

However, since that 4-1 defeat the Albion have only lost twice away from home; to Sheffield Wednesday in the play-offs in May and to leaders Newcastle this season.

Glenn Murray will be looking to turn his home form into away goals - having scored all his 11 goals at the Amex Stadium - but Albion should feel confident as they aim to extend their unbeaten run to 13 games.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Five of the last seven league meetings between these sides has ended level, with Cardiff winning the most recent encounter (4-1 in February 2016), and losing the other.
    [*=left]Dale Stephens scored both of Brighton's goals across their two encounters with Cardiff last season.
    [*=left]The Bluebirds have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 11 home league matches (W4 D2 L5).
    [*=left]Cardiff defender Sean Morrison has scored one and assisted one of the Bluebirds' last four Championship goals.
    [*=left]Brighton have kept the most clean sheets in the Championship this season (11).
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has committed the most fouls of any player in the second tier this season (45).

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Cardiff City

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just about to leave Paddington, I can see a bear

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Not too sure what to expect from Cardiff, they seem to be very inconsistent. They don't seem to defend very well though, so keep a clean sheet and I reckon we win

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now in the land of our fathers.........

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I noticed the number of Glenn Murray fouls very early in the season. Slowed down a bit since a poor start to the season. Will he even start the game as he can't score away from home?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
2015-16-Crest.png
703.png

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I noticed the number of Glenn Murray fouls very early in the season. Slowed down a bit since a poor start to the season. Will he even start the game as he can't score away from home?

No way will Hughton drop him, 11 goals already this season regardless of where he has scored them is a great return

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like to see a football punditry face off: Perseus vs Bens Grandad

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here