Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle at home likely to be moved back to later in the season?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just looking through the fixtures and I note that Newcastle at home is scheduled for January 28th, which is FA Cup fourth round date. Assuming that one of us progresses then it will be moved.

I wonder if Sky will then get involved with that one. Any guesses when that might then be.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Despite this being the third thread on the subject, I'm still unclear as to whether the game can be moved if both teams are knocked out of the cup. I know that Sky can do it when a game has been rearranged at short notice and, I think, if both teams agree. But the former doesn't apply in this case and, as for the latter, Newcastle may fancy a game against a promotion rival if, say, they'd be involved in a 3rd round replay a week before
EDIT
Sorry, meant to say if we'd been involved in a 3rd round replay

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Monday's FA Cup draw will give an indication of whether Albion or Newcastle are likely or unlikely to reach round 4 and postpone the game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I will bet you a nice flexible fat-filled £5 note BG that the game will NOT be played on the scheduled date of 28th Jan.

I'm not so sure: the cup is not going to be our priority nor Newcastle's: I don't think it's that unlikely that both of us gets knocked out in the 3rd round

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
...and even if they both lost Sky will cream their pants over it.

But, as I said above, they can only move with the permission of both clubs. BG is right, if the Newcastle players are at ACON and if Shelvey is suspended, we would be gagging to play the match on the right date

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Arsenal v BHA
Chelsea v Newcastle.
PLEASE

As an away Albion fixture that is very tempting. Easy enough to get tickets due to the size of allocation, and rather attractive to me before leaving. Been to Highbury on a few occasions but yet to darken the door to the Emirates, two birds with one stone for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here