Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty Charge Notice advice

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My Mrs got a ticket at Sainsburys in H Heath from their car park operating company a couple of weeks ago for overstaying the 2hr limit (she was in the store all the time). Spoke to the manager there, got it cancelled within 24 hours.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The OP has left out the key bit of information - who is the parking company ? I can help but it won't be until the weekend.

PS - it isn't a penalty or a fine - it's a scam !

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Apparently Pepipoo is the website to turn to for help with parking fines. I've never had to use it personally but it's popular apparently.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The OP has left out the key bit of information - who is the parking company ? I can help but it won't be until the weekend.

PS - it isn't a penalty or a fine - it's a scam !
The parking company is Absolute Parking Management Limited

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Had loads of these ignore them. Only if council or police issues them pay up straight away.

Yeah agree, I've had a few and refused on principle to pay, in your case it's even more galling because you spent good money at the restaurant.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's true, it's a scam.

Just like debt collection companies contacting people about debts that are ten years old and unenforceable, they play on your fears but have no legal right to the money.

This is not a PCN. It's an invoice.

For the company to win a case against you at the county court they need to prove they have suffered a financial loss due to your actions.

They have not and you have been very reasonable at showing them why they haven't

A simple 2 line letter to them saying 'You wom't be paying as you have not had a loss due to my actions and if they believe they have then they should commence court proceedings against you'

If they were mad enough to take it to court, go along with the information you have revealed on here and you will be fine.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I personally would ignore all contact from now on. Keep the evidence as you have a bullet-proof case. You will receive about 5 more (automated) letters demanding money with menaces, then one more conciliatory one offering to reduce the charge by half. After that one is ignored, you will hear no more from them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My Mrs got a ticket at Sainsburys in H Heath from their car park operating company a couple of weeks ago for ovetaying the 2hr limit (she was in the store all the time). Spoke to the manager there, got it cancelled within 24 hours.

I noted that they have dispensed with ' the little old man ' and rely on no plate recognition which shows up as you enter from the bus stops saying you have, not sure if it is 2.5 hours or 1.5 hours. Do they have the same recognition going in the back way from Balcombe Rd.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I noted that they have dispensed with ' the little old man ' and rely on no plate recognition which shows up as you enter from the bus stops saying you have not sure if it is 2.5 hours or 1.5 hours. Do they have the same recognition going in the back way from Balcombe Rd.
Dunno, my Mrs isn't keen on going in the back way
😂😂😂😂😂

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunno, my Mrs isn't keen on going in the back way
����������

Nor am I just a thought as if not and anyone is there longer could say they left and returned because they forgot something. I am not sure if there is no return within eg 2 hours, which I doubt for that reason.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We have the same sort of system at my pub. My advice is just ignore it. They won't bother chasing as it will cost more to taker you to court. They use the escalating fines to scare people into paying.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Start sending them shoeboxes full of dog shit*

*this may not be entirely legal

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Firstly, it wasn't a penalty charge notice if it was a private car park ...[MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] will help you further

I think the last thing he wants after this experience is to go out for a curry, hun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here